Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta wing questions

Hello to all,

I'm using a JR 9X2 radio and had configured the radio to fly delta wing. Upon closer inspection, I realised that the right wing has less servo throw compared to the left wing on full deflection of both directions. I had check that both control linkages of the left and right wing are nice and square without any binding. I even swap a new servo to be sure that the servo on the right wing is operating normally. Both wing's servos had equal travel adjust. When I switched back to the "normal" wing config, that channel/right wing's servo is back to normal/regular travel.

I would like to clarify if this is normal before any maiden flight be done. This is my first time flying delta wing so I would appreciate anyone who had the experience in flying delta wing to share with me on any tips and setups.

Lastly, I apologized if this thread is posted in the wrong section or had been discussed before.

Many Thanks

joseph

Originally posted by jchng View Post
    Hello to all,

I'm using a JR 9X2 radio and had configured the radio to fly delta wing. Upon closer inspection, I realised that the right wing has less servo throw compared to the left wing on full deflection of both directions. I had check that both control linkages of the left and right wing are nice and square without any binding. I even swap a new servo to be sure that the servo on the right wing is operating normally. Both wing's servos had equal travel adjust. When I switched back to the "normal" wing config, that channel/right wing's servo is back to normal/regular travel.

I would like to clarify if this is normal before any maiden flight be done. This is my first time flying delta wing so I would appreciate anyone who had the experience in flying delta wing to share with me on any tips and setups.

Lastly, I apologized if this thread is posted in the wrong section or had been discussed before.

Many Thanks

joseph
    Hi,

I'm also using JR9xii for my cessna. I also encounter the same problem as u. One side deflection will always be more than the other. If u aileron to the other side, the deflection change to the other side. So in the end, i still take off n fly it. So far no problem with it.

Comment

Bros..

1. check your linkages, pushrods by moving the Elevons up/down to see
      if they runs.
      - if the pushrods moves or bends midway, use a thicker version or add tubings in the mid-section -- (get from hobby shop)

2. check your hinges, make sure they are stress-free.
      - any resistance may minimize your throw movements.

3. adjust the exponentials and limits of your servo movements on your TX.

hope this helps.
      Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Thanks a lot guys for your advice. The problem turned out to be three fold. A slight misalignment on the aileron attached to one of the wing, the cheapo chinese micro servo that had a tiny play and for working on the model too late into the night (grey matter turned into jelly)... Now all is well.

Comment

This is normal ( depending on wing selection) an upward aileron creates more drag than a dowward one. The differential is to minmise the yaw effect.

This is from my JR PCM9X manual.

Look for something similar in your manual

Cheers

Comment

Oopps got it the wrong way round ...guess i better read the manual carefully too

Comment

Working...
            X