Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Viper1990,

In this age of ARF and Plug & Play, it is nice to know that there are still fellows who take effort to built their own aircrafts. Good job! Hope to c more.

Cheers
    tbolt

Comment

Thanks guys for the heartwarming comments Couldn't do it without gaining knowledge from this forum and people who helped me when i ask really noobish questions last time.

The sense of satisfaction when you see your very own scratch build plane flies is really really... "shoik" and the sense of ownership is so much better then a store bought plane (no offense to people who keep buying planes) haha.

Anyway , while i was flying the plane at school that day, one of the lecturer came across and look down on my F-16, his first few questions were:
      "Where you buy one ah?", " How much?"
      I anwsered him i made it myself , he was shocked!

Ok, anyway i have sucessfully completed my F-16 black Knights today! Finished up the paintjob and repaint over the unsightly-ugly-paintmarks. I have no idea how much extra paint weight i added on, but i wouldn't mind adding an extra 100grams for a nicer plane.

I'm gona bring this down to my neighbourhood flying field on saturday to fly. Just so happens that 9august is on a saturday!

Build it
      Fly it
      Crash it
      Fix it

Comment

Originally posted by viper1990 View Post
        Thanks guys for the heartwarming comments Couldn't do it without gaining knowledge from this forum and people who helped me when i ask really noobish questions last time.

The sense of satisfaction when you see your very own scratch build plane flies is really really... "shoik" and the sense of ownership is so much better then a store bought plane (no offense to people who keep buying planes) haha.

Anyway , while i was flying the plane at school that day, one of the lecturer came across and look down on my F-16, his first few questions were:
        "Where you buy one ah?", " How much?"
        I anwsered him i made it myself , he was shocked!

Ok, anyway i have sucessfully completed my F-16 black Knights today! Finished up the paintjob and repaint over the unsightly-ugly-paintmarks. I have no idea how much extra paint weight i added on, but i wouldn't mind adding an extra 100grams for a nicer plane.

I'm gona bring this down to my neighbourhood flying field on saturday to fly. Just so happens that 9august is on a saturday!
        With you in SPAVC,

You'll definitely make them fly high.
        Do more, and fly high Alex.
        Glad to see you onboard.

Thanx!
        SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by lu wei yao View Post
          With you in SPAVC,

You'll definitely make them fly high.
          Do more, and fly high Alex.
          Glad to see you onboard.

Thanx!
          I always fly low cause its so much cooler!!!

haha,okok just joking, i get what you meant anyways! No worries man, with me and glendon and the rest of the guys....and 4 girls, our popularity in Singapore Poly have been increasing like never before. With more excited year1 students learning RC flying this year... and i think part of the reason they are excited because of the 4 girls in our club! haha.

Anyway need to thank you for lending me the club's 4chn futaba and 3 servos to give me a kick start with my first boeing 777 scratch build (which when i look back ,it looks like the crappiest S*$T i ever build) or i wouldn't have reach this state by now.

PS (The singtel tower next to the field have yet to be get destoryed by our year1 flyers!!! ok once again just jk)
          Build it
          Fly it
          Crash it
          Fix it

Comment

Just some random pictures i took today during my 3rd test flight at the field just below my house. Sad that none of my friends wanted to follow me down be my camera man for the day if not i'll have some pictures of it in action!

Was doing CG test finding the perfect sweet spot for the plane to fly and have good glide stability. Not easy to glide this bird with throttle cut.., a slight chance of stalling and dropping like a rock unless a certain AOA is achieved then it'll glide properly. Still, this is the only edf plane i built that has the best glide ratio.

Anyway, this is getting on my nerves!!! everytime i land the plane, even with a super-duper duper nice flaring and slow touch down, my ducting always get ripped apart!!! I have strengthen it with CF rods plancing it vertically into the foam so it'll absorb the impact..but still no good. And i'm afraid that if i really did strengthen the ducting , the forces of impact will be transfered to other parts of the plane,breaking them. (i'll do more experiment on this structure of the duct so that the it'll spread the forces during impact)

Build it
            Fly it
            Crash it
            Fix it

Comment

I cut away the distorted duct and replace it under an hour. I place the CF 3mm rod and some satay sticks in that following configuration so that (hopefully) it spreads the load when the duct impact the ground first saving myself from making my 4th ducting intake!.

yes, i have done some test at home like smacking the duct intake with a screwdriver (of course not with all my might) ...seems to hold quite well.

Build it
              Fly it
              Crash it
              Fix it

Comment

I just shipped in my new 4 motor ,4 2200mah lipo battries ,60Amp esc , 10 servos and a balancer from overseas!

I am going to fix this HXT motor 3900kv into my 68mm edf!

Specs:

Motor Size: 2835 (380S)
                Speed: 3900kv
                ESC Required: 40A
                Voltage Range: 6~12v
                No Load Curr: 2.0A
                Max Load: 40A

Diameter: 28.2mm
                Length: 37mm
                Front Mounting Hole Distance: 19mm
                Front Mount Thread Size: M3
                Shaft Diameter: 3.2mm
                Shaft Length: 12mm
                Weight: 102grams

Should give me 700-800grams of thrust as reviewed by other people.

Everything in the picture you see cost me $400 SGD

Build it
                Fly it
                Crash it
                Fix it

Comment

Heh bro do I actually count 4 motors there in total? :P By the way how did you finally end up choosing this fan you are using? There seems to be quite a lot of options also eh...

Comment

Yes there is 4 motor in total .

My 3900kv motor 390watts, only cost me $30 SDG cheap!!!

Guess my servo and lipo price too!
                    Build it
                    Fly it
                    Crash it
                    Fix it

Comment

Hi Viper very inspiring thread. BTW , do check your current drawn with the 3.9kv motor on the 6 blade SFM. My guess is it is going to exceed the max rating of the motor.
                      Test with a higher capacity Lipo so you don't over tax the lipo.

Cheers

Comment

Hhaha bro.. Me platinum member leow :P But looking at the rate you are ordering, I'm sure you'll get there soon too, if not already

Ah ok sorry I didn't notice you already mentioned you bought 4 motors in total.. Yeah bro, are you sure this setup will only draw 40A? I am thinking something more like 60A leh!

Comment

I read online reviews about the 3900kv motor, its also known as the turningy 3900kv.

As you know i don't have the proper equipment to measure motor current, as my fluke multimeter only can measure up to 10A.

From other people's review:
                          "I've very pleased with this motor , i actually tried with 2 different configuration , prop and EDF

Fit in EDF 5Blade 2.68inch 68mm
                          ESC 36H HXT 22003s reading 32A at full power 630g static trust...this is on my modified funjet and it flies pretty well

Fit with APC 4,75x4,75
                          ESC 60A 22003s reading 46A at full power this config goes on my other funjet , performance are incredible...but i modified fuselage to improve cooling on the motor...."

Well, i'm not too sure myself whether it'll draw 40 ,50 or 60amps, but just to becareful, i got myself a 60Amp esc to handle this motor's current. I don't want to cut down to 3blades for the time being, i prefer the enormous thrust the edf produce with the 6blade

Anyway, -simonwoo,

Are we talking bout the same website where we order the items from? haha...platinum member? gosh.. you must have ordered tons of stuffs too.
                          Mine's hobbycity.
                          Build it
                          Fly it
                          Crash it
                          Fix it

Comment

singapore poly

nice one. u prove those noob at fc5 wrong haha ur plane flies =D now wait for my a4 sky hawk.

Comment

Ok..here are the results..., um.., all based on my assumptions, no measurements were taken, mostly based on my feeling. haha!

The plane do have a little bit..A little more punch then the align 3550kv. Yes it does draw 30Amps and more because i realise my flight time has shorten quite abit ..maybe a minute or so. And lastly, my motor is freaking hot everytime i land the plane. um...probably i thumbed the throttle all the time.

Other then that..good motor for the price of 4 mcspicy meals upsize

And yes glendon, those students in school were very irratating and noisy today , while flying the plane, they keep shouting "crash! crash! crash!" or " Unstable sia!!!!!... and during landings, they would shout " crash landing!!"
                              They talk so much when they can't even fly a plane .... -_-

feel like flying my f-16 and smash right into them...but no worries, they kept quiet after a minute after they got bored of shouting.
                              Build it
                              Fly it
                              Crash it
                              Fix it

Comment

Can tell what lipo pack are those?

I just got some lipo packs from the same place (maybe), blue colour packings. Use it in my Mini-Titan with 2221-6. Did around ten flights, so far vary good power. Hope it can last and hit the 50 flights mark.

It goes by the name Zippy-H, 2200mHA, 20-30C.
                                Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X