Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have flyfly red arrow here

Hi ! I need someone to help me to setup my flyfly red arrow here , what I like to know is the power system like motor , esc and battery .
    Cos this is the second unit of ducted fan bird , so don want to make it wrong again like my J-10 hope anyone out there can give a helping hand .
    TQ
    Jim

U can try the HYK motor with either the stock fan or Wemotec Mini Fan on 6 cells. Should have reasonably good power.

Btw, where do you intend to fly your Hawk?
    Jack_Mav88
    ---------------------------------------------
    Planes:
    1) 90mm Fiberglass F16
    2) RCL F16I
    3) Fly Fly 90mm MIG 29 (Building)
    4) Hyperion KI84 Hayate 40e (Selling)

Heli:
    1) Trex 700N (MWTS)
    2) E-Raptor 620
    3) RJX Extreme 90 (MWTS)
    4) Hurricane 550 (upgrading)

Comment

Hi Jack ! We have a very big and wide area for flying ,the only thing is we have to take off by using double lane road all the surrounding is tall grass land and got some tree's too , but we always there flying the plane and heli , so think is no problem to take off the plane lo .
      By the way your comment is good , but I am using the original fan come with the plane is it ok for flying ??
      And I a going to choose the GS motor for it , the motor model is GS 36-50-06 1800kva , what do you think of using this motor ?
      TQ
      Jim

Comment

Hi Jim,

The original stock motor recommended by FLYFLY is also a B36 1800kv but do not exceed 5S Lipo for your setup. Recommended battery is 3700 5S (18.5V) 25C will keep you very good speed in the air (including good ROG). The 92mm FLYFLY BAE HAWK is a very stable flyer in the wind and the CG is just exactly right if you follow the instruction manual.

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
        200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
        2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
        Tel : +65 6293 3968
        Official You Tube Channel
        FACEBOOK :

Comment

Jim, I would not use the recommended motor, it pulls a lot more amps than the HYK and gets very hot. Performance on 5 cells is mild, the Hawk is a big plane and it needs decent power.

Jack is right, HYK motor is the best overall choice for efficiency vs power, but better to use the wemotec rotor and shaft adapter in the stock flyfly housing, dont use the factory rotor. On 4100 6s1p 20c packs this setup will push 2kg thrust at 1100-1180 watts, will all depend on your battery pack quality. All our setups using this combo run around 50-52 amps and fly superbly.

Here is my Sabre video:
          www.extremerc.com.auTOPGUN Sabre with HYK3660 inrunner in wemotec Midifan PRO, 4000mah 6s1p 25c pack, 60A esc. Stock retracts with custom wheels, Superb flie...

Comment

Originally posted by Extreme_RC View Post
            Jim, I would not use the recommended motor, it pulls a lot more amps than the HYK and gets very hot. Performance on 5 cells is mild, the Hawk is a big plane and it needs decent power.

Jack is right, HYK motor is the best overall choice for efficiency vs power, but better to use the wemotec rotor and shaft adapter in the stock flyfly housing, dont use the factory rotor. On 4100 6s1p 20c packs this setup will push 2kg thrust at 1100-1180 watts, will all depend on your battery pack quality. All our setups using this combo run around 50-52 amps and fly superbly.

Here is my Sabre video:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcgxY...Sabre_90mm.htm

Hi Extreme,

What kind of flight time do you think I can get from a 3300mah pack on the Hawk with HYK motor and wemo midi fan?
            Jack_Mav88
            Planes:
            1) 90mm Fiberglass F16
            2) RCL F16I

Heli:
            1) Trex 700N (MWTS)
            2) E-Raptor 620
            3) RJX Extreme 90 (MWTS)

Comment

3300 is to small Jack, you will need 4100mah up in pack size. The HYK will pull 50-52 amps on a good pack, settling to 47 or so. It will fly the Hawk well, we fly for around 5 mins with this setup and 4100 6s1p in the Sabre's, its about the most efficient way to go.

Comment

Actually we just flew the MIG29 yesterday, stock fans, HYK motors, 5s5000 packs. Hand launch is easy and it flies real well even with the stock fans. The builder did not balance the rotors so its pretty noisy, but the speed is great!

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

There is also vid on utube of our MIG29 setup with HET600-32's and wemotec fans on 6 cells, 1:1 at just over half throttle, the thing is insane!

Comment

Hi All ! So which HYK motor you all commend to use it on the red arrow ?
                  Any other than that

Comment

There is actually a few motor you can use depending onhow many cell lipo you want to use. Check out the thread in rcgroups and you can get more info. The HYK motor can be purchase from skyhobbies. HET 600-32 motor can get from RC warbirds but must be use with heat sink. Other motor that can be use are mega motor or medusa motor.
                    Jack_Mav88
                    Planes:
                    1) 90mm Fiberglass F16
                    2) RCL F16I

Heli:
                    1) Trex 700N (MWTS)
                    2) E-Raptor 620
                    3) RJX Extreme 90 (MWTS)