Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks; its the type that kids use to sniff glue from. It's yellow and has a darn pungent odor.

failing which you can just use selleys, but it's 3x the price.
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

0.9m ws EDF Mugi

Converted one of my Mugi to a EDF.
      This one use the world model EDF with a true outrunner motor and runs on 2x1800mah 3cells in parallel and a 60amps ESC.
      Planes flew great straight and level .
      I love the sound of this EDF .
      Attached is the pictures. Sorry no video yet. ...maybe later.

Cheers

Comment

Hey babylon5..., where did you get the tailcone for the edf? I went to jet and the other shops at fookhai only to find those edf with tailcone would cost me more then $50. I'm sure there is some tailcone for edf sold seperately somewhere...

and one more thing... Won't your motor overheats or gets very hot because the cone prevent much of the surface of the motor from cooling down?
        Build it
        Fly it
        Crash it
        Fix it

Comment

Tail (internal) cone

Hi, Viper,from what I can get from the internet , the internal tail cone if shape and matches the exhausted (improve the laminar airflow)can improve the static thrust by as much as 25 %.

Some other EDF... example GWS EDF have this tail cone and are available and sold separately . You can try rotor hobby.

Yes the internal cone would decrease the ventilation...so there is a trade off between performance and heat dissipation.

You can get this EDF , comes with the fan and outrunner motor in Hong Kong...pretty cheap . I think if not wrong is around S$70....but this EDF combo is a current guzzler about 42Amps (static)so you need at least 45amps ESC and a good 3 cells series LIPO with reasonable capacity . Otherwise the flight time would be short.

Cheers

Comment

I use the GP hyperflow fan from NTC hobbies. It's got quite a bit of instructions to improve your RC aircraft theory. 20+ dollars.

It's pretty good... except need some glueing here and there.

Ok, it's not that good after all. But it has a short tailcone.

But what's the thing with the tailcone? The tailcone works actually to reduce the fan swept area, I thought?

So, no tailcone, fail swept area might be larger, which means less thrust and less effective.

B5, you are probably the first guy I know to put such a power packed mugi.

1800 in series! OMG that's powerful.
            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
              I use the GP hyperflow fan from NTC hobbies. It's got quite a bit of instructions to improve your RC aircraft theory. 20+ dollars.

It's pretty good... except need some glueing here and there.

Ok, it's not that good after all. But it has a short tailcone.

But what's the thing with the tailcone? The tailcone works actually to reduce the fan swept area, I thought?

So, no tailcone, fail swept area might be larger, which means less thrust and less effective.

B5, you are probably the first guy I know to put such a power packed mugi.

1800 in series! OMG that's powerful.
              Hi, Actually, I pack 2x 3s 1800mah in parallel so it is equivalent to a 3600mah 3s lipo.
              This EDF sucks quite a bit of current that a single 2200mah Lipo voltage would not have sustain the voltage for long (with some exception)and may get over heated or worst bloated.

Cheers

Comment

0.9m wing span edf mugi videos

Hi, here is the link to the 0.9m mugi using a higher and heavy 2 packs of Lipo 3S 2200mah lipo in parallel.
                Although the Lipo is heavy , the plane still flies pretty good.

Bigger Mugi on EDF rc fun fly. 900mm wing span mugi

and the landing

DIY o,9m wing span Mugi converted to EDF on fun fly and landing.

Cheers

Comment

can the Revox 3850kv outrunner use for EDF? tks

Comment

Originally posted by BigKid
                    can the Revox 3850kv outrunner use for EDF? tks
                    Hi Big kid, the revox 3850 BM is a outrunner with a rotating case. Strictly speaking it can be use on EDF but it pose some special problems....how to mount the motor into the fan and avoid the rotating case from coming into contact with the fan parts...and the problem of the exiting 3 phase wire from the motor at the front.

Unless the EDF unit can fit or modified (some do) to fit the outrunner motor, you may have to look for other suitable inrunner motor.
                    You have to bring your motor or ask the shop if the Revox 3850kv can be used in that particular EDF.

Most standard EDF uses the common so call in runner brushless motor that is to say ,the rotating armature are protected by the end bells.

Cheers

Comment

1m wingspan EDF twin mugi

I have converted the 1 metre wing span to a twin EDF using 2x70 mm EDf with experimental 3 blade. with a godd 2x2200mah 3S lipo in parallel circuit,the thrust is strong, so strong that I have to really hold tight to the Mugi at max power.
                      The re-maiden was successful.

The plane tracks straight and level.The plane is heavy just a tad over 1kg.
                      In spite of its hefty weight the plane handles well on belly landing.... and I went home happy.

The mugi is truly a inexpensive ,durable S.P.A.D..
                      I must thank the creator of the MUGI for sharing his idea and design .

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5
                        Hi Big kid, the revox 3850 BM is a outrunner with a rotating case. Strictly speaking it can be use on EDF but it pose some special problems....how to mount the motor into the fan and avoid the rotating case from coming into contact with the fan parts...and the problem of the exiting 3 phase wire from the motor at the front.

Unless the EDF unit can fit or modified (some do) to fit the outrunner motor, you may have to look for other suitable inrunner motor.
                        You have to bring your motor or ask the shop if the Revox 3850kv can be used in that particular EDF.

Most standard EDF uses the common so call in runner brushless motor that is to say ,the rotating armature are protected by the end bells.

Cheers
                        thanks B5, i happen to have this spare motor so tot of making use of it, anyway i have ordered a 2030 inrunner. maybe use the revox 3850kv for my new mugi btw how u guys stuff the 2200mah batt into the hatch? i have problem inserting a 1300mah! do i need to cut a bigger hatch?

Comment

Well it's a tight squeeze, as you already have seen.... B5 did an 'episiotomy' (fathers would know what I mean - just look at his nose of his mugi) on his mugi.

For me, at first, I just put the battery in, and then fold. Of course, these are the factors that help;

use 2mm coroplast
                          put battery in, then fold, so there's allowance
                          not folding flat, but giving a bit of space, then trim straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
                            Well it's a tight squeeze, as you already have seen.... B5 did an 'episiotomy' (fathers would know what I mean - just look at his nose of his mugi) on his mugi.

For me, at first, I just put the battery in, and then fold. Of course, these are the factors that help;

use 2mm coroplast
                            put battery in, then fold, so there's allowance
                            not folding flat, but giving a bit of space, then trim straight.
                            tks bro, i've already build a mugi using 3mm coroplast.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKid
                              thanks B5, i happen to have this spare motor so tot of making use of it, anyway i have ordered a 2030 inrunner. maybe use the revox 3850kv for my new mugi btw how u guys stuff the 2200mah batt into the hatch? i have problem inserting a 1300mah! do i need to cut a bigger hatch?
                              Hi big kit you order the 2030 inrunner for pusher or EDF.
                              This motor is quite small so you are limited to a small size EDF like the 50 or 55mmEDF .
                              If you want your setup for more punch and yet don't burnt a big hole in your pocket , you should considered the Align 430L 3550kv on the 6blade SFM (68mmEDF) as entry level to EDF.

Ha ha , I build the mugi bigger so that I can pack in more stuffs .
                              The big mugi is sucking alot of power on the twin EDF.
                              Hmm, if I am power hungry may pack in 3x 3s2200maH lipo on even bigger mugi .
                              Anyway , the big Mugi is great test bed for multi EDF setup and other EDF experiment. Maybe more next time.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5
                                Hi big kit you order the 2030 inrunner for pusher or EDF.
                                This motor is quite small so you are limited to a small size EDF like the 50 or 55mmEDF .
                                If you want your setup for more punch and yet don't burnt a big hole in your pocket , you should considered the Align 430L 3550kv on the 6blade SFM (68mmEDF) as entry level to EDF.

Ha ha , I build the mugi bigger so that I can pack in more stuffs .
                                The big mugi is sucking alot of power on the twin EDF.
                                Hmm, if I am power hungry may pack in 3x 3s2200maH lipo on even bigger mugi .
                                Anyway , the big Mugi is great test bed for multi EDF setup and other EDF experiment. Maybe more next time.

Cheers
                                hi bro, the 2030 is for pusher!

Comment

Working...
                                X