Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi DT8666, sorry forgotten abt post 5. Yes wattage EDF ...mentioned many times in other forum.

You could give it a try and see if you can get some good performance with this combo=Himark/Himax 2025-40-4.2KV + GWS 3 blade 9-7 cut and balance to fit + Wattge EDF shroud....only cost you 2 bucks and your time.

B.T.W please enlarge the Propeller so that it just fit the prop adapter.Other wise it will not spin true.

If you keep the Himark/Himax 2025-4.2KV below 19 amps it will run cooler.

Hope you can get some good result.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5
      Hi DT8666, sorry forgotten abt post 5. Yes wattage EDF ...mentioned many times in other forum.

You could give it a try and see if you can get some good performance with this combo=Himark/Himax 2025-40-4.2KV + GWS 3 blade 9-7 cut and balance to fit + Wattge EDF shroud....only cost you 2 bucks and your time.

B.T.W please enlarge the Propeller so that it just fit the prop adapter.Other wise it will not spin true.

If you keep the Himark/Himax 2025-4.2KV below 19 amps it will run cooler.

Hope you can get some good result.

Cheers
      Sorry error in statement ,"B.T.W please enlarge the Propeller so that it just fit the prop adapter.Other wise it will not spin true." ....should be re-phrase as enlarge the opening of the propeller so that it just fit nicely onto the prop adapter....

Cheers

Comment

Hi DT8666, have not heard from you for quites a while. Anyway did you try the 3 bladed modification with the wattage fan?.
        Lastly I have tried the 5.1KV 28-35- GS motor and seem to get pretty good result with the Kamdax fan. Draws only 22amps but plenty of thrust.
        May work with the wattage fan.

Have got hold of some 4 bladed props from the USA .... may be suitable for more EDF application. More when I am done with it.

Cheers

Comment

3 blade modification for 89 mm EDF

Another experimental 3 blade that works reasonably well and matches with the 2.5KV motor 480 class brushless.

Current drawn on 3 cells LIPO is 36Amps and will drop to around 32-33amps after a minute of run time.

Motor feels hot but won't cause a melt down.

Tested on a 980 grams plane

will try other motor setup. more next time

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5
            Hi DT8666, have not heard from you for quites a while. Anyway did you try the 3 bladed modification with the wattage fan?.
            Lastly I have tried the 5.1KV 28-35- GS motor and seem to get pretty good result with the Kamdax fan. Draws only 22amps but plenty of thrust.
            May work with the wattage fan.

Have got hold of some 4 bladed props from the USA .... may be suitable for more EDF application. More when I am done with it.

Cheers

Hi, I seems missing in reply. Was busy and not much attention with the forum. I don't have wattage Fan so not able to do any test. Only test run on SF Fan, Wemo, Hyperflow, VASA and lately the Groupner for testing.

I do tied the SFM 3 blade impeller on RICC Mirage stock fan with Himax 5300. very good power for that bird.

Comment

Originally posted by DT8666
              Hi, I seems missing in reply. Was busy and not much attention with the forum. I don't have wattage Fan so not able to do any test. Only test run on SF Fan, Wemo, Hyperflow, VASA and lately the Groupner for testing.

I do tied the SFM 3 blade impeller on RICC Mirage stock fan with Himax 5300. very good power for that bird.
              How much current is the setup SFM3 blade with the stock fan?

BTW I am getting significant performance with the 89mm EDF on the long can 2.5KV brushless inrunner after I re-balance the 3 blade. Eleminate two bullet connector points by directly soldering the ESC to just one (previously I use extension wired bullet too many connectors join).
              Surprising the current drop from 36 to 32amps and the jet flew significantly faster with this setup probably ,with a better balanced 3 blade and reduce parasitic resistance.

Am planning to other brushless motor ...like the 2.4KV true outrunner that was use in the 75mmEDF.
              Will be good test bed for the 89mm EDF.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X