Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

55mmEDF for mtr. 24mm body and 3.2mm shaft diameter

Hi, I would like to know if there are any other 55mm EDF similar in diameter as the Himodel and GWS but can be used for 24mm size brushless motor with shaft of 3.2mm (0r 3.17mm shaft)

Currently the 55 mm EDF from Himodel or GWS and OK-model japan 60mm EDF (this is 55mm class) cater only for the 2025 or 2015 class of motor(20-22mm body diameter) with shaft of 2 or 2.3 mm diameter is kind of limiting factor.

Micro-EDF from Wemotec can cater for larger diameter body and shaft .
    However ,is there a any 55mm EDF for the Wemotec?

Reason:
    1.)I have many Jets that are design around the 55mm EDF
    2.)In addition, you can get quite a good efficiencies thrust close to 25-29gms per amps for a 3 cells lipo setup and very reasonable cost setup.
    Note: 29grams of thrust per amps is already commercial viable with the EDF60( actually is only 55mm dia.) from OK model japan.
    EDF is available at SHS

Cheers

Babylon5

shs?

Hi,

You said the 55mm OK EDF is available from shs. Could you please tell me the full web-site address for it? Thanks.

Regards

Comment

Hi, link

It is in Japanese but you can read some of spec in english.
      The blade diameter is 55.5mm.
      The current 55mm EDF from J hobby with the Tahmazo motor 3.7KV give surprising good result. Hottest setup is with the 3.8KV 2025 from China. (don't know what brand someone pass it to me to try).
      However ,you need to enlarge the opening of the prop holder using a lathe so as to fit the 2.3mm shaft for the Tahmazo motor
      Unlimited vertical performance is possible for models below 500 grams with a good Lipos 3 cells batteries using the tahmazo motor or the 3.8KV motor(don't try 4.2Kv , motor gets very hot!) setup

Use heavy duty (large magnet 60-65 grams) brushless motor on the 55mm edf for higher efficiencies.

I hope this will help
      Cheers

Comment

opps sorry Chewy, realise you want to know where to get The EDF locally.you can get the Tahmazo EDF from SHS . The Link

This is the home page of Singapore Hobby Supplies Pte Ltd.

Why not go to 68mm EDF size ,the "super Flying Model. It is more efficient and alot cheaper and available at this link http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...7&cid=37&idx=1
        ...and at C-hobby but if you don't mind their services.

when you cut down the impeller to 3 blade with certain brushless motor ,it runs more efficiently. Can pull a 450-480gms jet vertically at only 16 amps

3 blade modification link...http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15808

Cheers and all the best.

Comment

58mm EDF fan from Jet Hobby

Hi, does anyone know if the 58mm edf fan from Jet Hobby that comes with the BL outrunner is any good? How good is the motor, thrust figures, etc, etc...

The turbo duct fan from Jet Hobby is only rated for 25,000 rpm, though.

Chewy

Comment

Seen it but have not use it. Looks like it only fit this particular outrunner.

Need to find if fan can fit other motor.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X