X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kamdax Edf

Hi,
    Anyone use this fan before?
    Can you share the setup and performance experiences?
    Is this fan available at any local hobby shop?
    Heard Kamdax rotating impeller comes with a toughen resin matl. for high rpm applications.

Babylon5

Help needed to remove the impeller of Kamdax fan.

Just got the Kamdax fan a few days ago.
    When I install the fan and the impeller shaft, to my horror i find that I cannot remove impeller from the Hub and the main prop adaptor shaft even completely unscrewing the screw that comes with the fan.
    Note did not use any adhesive at all.

I am very frustrated.

Did I get a bad deal?

Babylon5

Comment

Kamdax fan

Hi, ER69,
      I read some of your forum and realise you have bought the mirage 2000 which comes with the kamdax EDF.
      I wonder how you manage to put those powerful motor into the fan as this fan cater for 2.3mm Shaft. Even so, some Brushless motor with 2.3mm shaft cannot even fit into the PROP adapter shaft. Very dissapointed in the Kamdax shaft design.
      Thinking of replacing the Kamdax original prop adapter shaft . Do you know anyone carry a suitable prop adapter(diameter 6-6.25mm) that can fit the Kamdax EDF.
      I tried the NTC, JH, SHS RH,CH ,HS shop to no avail.

Champion Hobby is the agent for Kamdax. Visit his shop, tell me don't have kamdax fan, don't have the shaft pin ...in short Kamdax fan no support in Singapore.
      Don't think I will buy anymore kamdax EDF until the shaft pin have better design and better local after sales support.

Cheers
      Babylon5

Comment

Hi babylon,

I was using the Rcerwarp 4(2T) with 3mm motor shaft on the kamdax fan for my M2000.
        I had replaced the kamdax fan's shaft with some after market 3mm prop adaptor(have to get the long shaft type for DF) which I had purchased from Champion hobby back then.
        I am not sure if they are still selling it.
        So how was your maiden for the 90mm fan electra ?

Originally posted by Babylon5
        Hi, ER69,
        I read some of your forum and realise you have bought the mirage 2000 which comes with the kamdax EDF.
        I wonder how you manage to put those powerful motor into the fan as this fan cater for 2.3mm Shaft. Even so, some Brushless motor with 2.3mm shaft cannot even fit into the PROP adapter shaft. Very dissapointed in the Kamdax shaft design.
        Thinking of replacing the Kamdax original prop adapter shaft . Do you know anyone carry a suitable prop adapter(diameter 6-6.25mm) that can fit the Kamdax EDF.
        I tried the NTC, JH, SHS RH,CH ,HS shop to no avail.

Champion Hobby is the agent for Kamdax. Visit his shop, tell me don't have kamdax fan, don't have the shaft pin ...in short Kamdax fan no support in Singapore.
        Don't think I will buy anymore kamdax EDF until the shaft pin have better design and better local after sales support.

Cheers
        Babylon5

Comment

90 mm edf

Bad news , plane heavy and not enough elevatior throw , lift off at end of run way unfortunately nick a tall bush and broke the nose. can be repair,. should be ready by next week.
          Will try again

Babylon5

Comment

Kamdax fan

Hi ER69, how much amps were you drawing and static thrust were you getting with your Kamdax fan setup.

At the moment I an drawing 20amps with the Walkera 380m and 23 amps on smaller walkera 380S. Walkera 380m is a 480 class and weights 130gms. The smaller brother 380S weighs 96gms and 3KV.

Thrust feels strong with the wALKERA 380m but don't have the thrust meter.

Babylon5

Comment

I can't remember the amp draw, coz it was quite sometimes back. I think its around 40A.

Originally posted by Babylon5
              Hi ER69, how much amps were you drawing and static thrust were you getting with your Kamdax fan setup.

At the moment I an drawing 20amps with the Walkera 380m and 23 amps on smaller walkera 380S. Walkera 380m is a 480 class and weights 130gms. The smaller brother 380S weighs 96gms and 3KV.

Thrust feels strong with the wALKERA 380m but don't have the thrust meter.

Babylon5

Comment

Working...
              X