Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good idea babylon, balance is very important..
    how heavy is only the model? i could do some calculations concerning the takeoff weigt. and how do you guys calculate how big battery it will need? id like to calculate myself but dont know how.

i was thinking would it be too much to ask for everyone whos ever build this jet to post what kind of motors/esc, batteries, cog etc you are using and describe flight behavior and performance.. what i want to know is how it would fly with 2x2600kv motors?

i found a shop here in finland that sells 2xbrushless motors and 2xesc for 50€. thats cheap!

heres some specs for the A2208/8 brushless:

NiMh: 6-8 cell
    LiPo: 2-3 cell
    2600RPM
    Max Efficiency current: 8~15A (>74%)
    No Load Current / 10V: 1.3A
    Current Capasity: 20A/60s
    Max Efficiency: 78%
    Shaft Diameter: 3mm
    Weight: 36g
    Internal Resistance: 62Mw
    Dimensions: 27.5mmx26mm

and here for the ecs:

Cons-current: 20A
    Max current: 25A
    BEC: 2A
    Imput: 4-10NiMh or 2-3 Lipo
    Timing: Optional
    PWM: Optional
    Size: 2x24x7

how do these sound? motors are 36grams, and wont suck so much current so maybe only one lipo is enough? or what do you guys think?

Comment

Hi Pakana, I think there are flyer like Eric ,Dennis P, Vortices , ER69 and many others who have experience the same SU27 kit and flown sucessfully.Maybe you may want to PM them for more detail information.

I have a SU27 for twin EDF configuaration, is still in the box. Not sure if it is same kit. I will also need their expert help and advice when I built this kit.

One more thing, to get better High electrical power discharge and to keep the plane lighter u have to use Lipo and not NIMH.

Happy building.

Comment

Originally posted by pakana
        one more: since im likely going to crash it what is the chance i only f**k up the fuselage and not the electronics? can they take hits? meaning taking hits in the foam fuselage not under a hammer?
        Sounds like we have another potential hazard here...

Maybe you don't mind your $$$ to crash the plane but I do like to voice out my HUGE concern on safety. I have no idea how good you can handle the plane but this is can be a huge FIREBall when it strike at the right place.

Please please do NOT fly alone and DO Not fly it if you are not sure and for sure don't try it that is near human traffic/housing area and during dry season. If you know you are going to crash it, don't fly. you are risking human life and property lost.

May the force be with you. Please think about it. Please ignore my post if you see no value in it.

Thanks.

Comment

i wasnt saying im going to crash it, i said it is possible to happen. if im risking human life when im flying the thing shouldnt i definitefly fly alone to minimize the risks? and yes to me your post is only a little value because you managed not to answer my original question.
          a fireball? will lipos explode if i ram them to a wall 100mph? only way i think i could make a fireball with this is if i torch it and fly it to a gddmn oil refinery

so, the question was not: what happens to people and infrastructure when i crash my sukhoi on them

it was: what will happen to the electronics inside the plane if the plane gets crashed

hope im not being a smartass

Comment

thanks again babylon, most helpful

Comment

Working...
            X