Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackite207
    Gentlemen, My 2 cents worth.....
    Some points to remember about converting from tractor propulsion to pusher propulsion:-
    1) You do not have the advantage of propwash over the flying surfaces so controls are sluggish at low speeds.
    2) Due to the inherrant design of jets for speed,, they have low lift properties in thier wings. Some utilise the "lifting bodies" design to help in this department (as in the F16, SU27, MIG29 etc) however they also induce huge amounts of grag in High AOA manuvers. Turns beyond 45deg will bleed speed off real fast if power is not compensated.
    3) At high speeds, a sudden imput of controls may cause a high speed stall and total loss of control. This disruption of airflow may also cause a vaccum effect at the turbine intake and a flame out.
    These examples of trainers have lifting bodies and are considered delta wing aircraft which is notorious for bleeding off energy fast in high AOA manuvers. Trottle management is very important here. All jets "drag a tail" in the turn so keep the airspeed up.
    Chuck Yeager once said that "Given a big enough engine, even a brick can fly". This sums up the chararistics of jets.

Fully agree with you bro Blackite207, I even notice some jet flyers after 20 or 25 hours of flight time had to do a totally down turbine and fuselarge for full service. Never over look those thing it is a must I believe to all turbine flyers.

Jameswilliam

Comment

Originally posted by ER69
      Haha.. You are right.. I agreed.
      Infact, I have friends who buy planes for display only..
      I personally thinks that it's quite sad to see a nice looking Jet which is only for display ..
      Not surprise abt it, hasegawa and Tamiya sell a forture for displays models. Display market is always bigger then flying market, so does the display models ownership figures is higher, that the fact.

Comment

To add in one more the Academy models is also a very nice and detailing models close to the real stuff.

Jameswilliam

Comment

Working...
        X