Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant??

Hi,

Hope home run CNC owner here will share any method to contain coolant fluid in a home operated CNC machine.. I've tried coolant but can't inject much as doing so may flood my home, while keeping it dry is as good as running without any coolant at all.. While spraying oil will require opening the enclosure letting out bits of metals all over the floor..

Also.. do we have to inject coolant fresh? or they're re-cycled?? ie, mixed a bucket of coolant, pump it and then filter and then re-inject??

If you are using sherline or any of those desktop CNC, you don't need that much coolant.

What material are you cutting anyway?

For aluminum, i'm using singer oil, and just drop over it. I have vacuum system that will such up excessive oil. its not that fantastic, but it gets the job done.

Take a look at my site for some pictures. http://simplewords.genexis.net

Comment

I've a small gentry router...

Yes, for small cut, I tried running dry without any problem, but I tried facing a 19mm thick 45mm x 90mm 6061 down to 12mm and further down another 9mm for some area.. and got my finger burned removing the block, as it's really hot!.. I tried using WD40 which makes the cut much smoother but still very hot!

Comment

Working...
      X