Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need an urgent lathe service

I have order some clamps (8 pieces) from other vendor, but the problem is diameter of the cylinder/rod is bigger than it supposed to be.

So, maybe have a member who can help me to reduce the rod diameter as like my old one (as standard).
    The standard diameter shall be around 11mm, while the new one is bigger around 1.5mm.

the clamp is a like this :

Please let me know if I can find such service.
    I will pay for it.

thanks

the rod length is around 70mm up to 80mm.

Originally posted by maaok2003 View Post
    I have order some clamps (8 pieces) from other vendor, but the problem is diameter of the cylinder/rod is bigger than it supposed to be.

So, maybe have a member who can help me to reduce the rod diameter as like my old one (as standard).
    The standard diameter shall be around 11mm, while the new one is bigger around 1.5mm.

the clamp is a like this :

Please let me know if I can find such service.
    I will pay for it.

thanks

Comment

I have dismantled, and it now as like :

anybody can provide the lathe service for the above ?
      I need to make diameter smaller by 1.5 - 2mm from around 13mm.

Comment

Fr my view, this could be some not so easy job.

The lathe had to chuck on the rectangular pc and turn down the diameter.

To accomplish that task, u need a 4 Jaw independent chuck. Moreover, a lot of clocking is required to get the center prior to turning it down. setup time quite time consuming.

Mike

Comment

What I did for my ballscrew machined ends were to use my dremel to grind off the excess. Will not produce very accurate surface though.

Comment

Working...
          X