Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get aluminum extrusion?

heya fellas,

I'm new here & I'm contemplating of doing a diy cnc, I need to find out if any shops here carries the 80/20 or Bosch Rexroth alum extrusions. They look something like this:

Also, any recommendation of getting 10mm alum sheets lasercut to correct shapes & sizes?

Thanks for info provided!

Originally posted by xudeen View Post
    heya fellas,

I'm new here & I'm contemplating of doing a diy cnc, I need to find out if any shops here carries the 80/20 or Bosch Rexroth alum extrusions. They look something like this:

Also, any recommendation of getting 10mm alum sheets lasercut to correct shapes & sizes?

Thanks for info provided!

u can get aluminium at chip soon aluminium or teck cheong. But your extrusions pic may not be cheap. As for alum sheet lasercut, there are plenty of CNC lasercut around. You can try T&T metal craft at eunos, or defu lane there is another shop doing.
    Lately I did a automated stamping machine. I got Universal Innovation technology pte ltd to build my structure at a very reasonable price. Probably u can try that as well. But of cos you provide them the drawings.
    My suggestion is you get metal fabricators to build your structure. It does saves you lots of time and effort hence u can concentrate on your circuity and programming

Comment

Originally posted by Syphonics View Post
      My suggestion is you get metal fabricators to build your structure. It does saves you lots of time and effort hence u can concentrate on your circuity and programming
      Thanks for your recommendation. I thought of getting a custom made framework as well, but was concerned about the tolerance of accuracy in the welding department. But I'll definitely look into your suggestion.

cheers

Comment

Hi Xudeen,

I'm also in the process of building one. Gotten the linear bearing stuff and electronics in last week. Now short of a structure.

Maybe we can get together to share what we've done so far and source for materials?

Regards,
        Wong

Comment

Originally posted by Wongster View Post
          Hi Xudeen,

I'm also in the process of building one. Gotten the linear bearing stuff and electronics in last week. Now short of a structure.

Maybe we can get together to share what we've done so far and source for materials?

Regards,
          Wong
          Sure, I'm up for it. I'm currently researching a DIY CNC forum for ideas & inspirations. I'll start a new thread call DIY CNC, then we see how it goes from there, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X