Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Someone to machine some Aluminum parts

I have a PC heat sink needed to drill a 1/4 inch hole and then threaded to allow the aluminum screw (provided by you) to secure to a threaded aluminum rod of length 6 inches and diameter of 3/4 inch (supplied by you).

Sms at 91168275 to let me know your pricing.

Thanks.
    Alan

Do you happen to have a sketch of the setup.

I will try and get someone to quote you.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike.

I have made a minor requirement. Pls see my attached sketch for details. They are not drawed to scale. The job required are highlighted in red. Interested party, pls sms me with your quote.

Thanks.

56795.doc

Comment

I took a look at your requirement.

Basically, you want :-

1) Drill a 3mm hole on the heat sink

2) Someone to supply Diameter 3/4" ALU rod x 6" length - M3x0.5 x 25mm deep at one end.

You did not indicate the qty, so I suppose its 1 set.

From the drawing, i see that you maybe be able to do it yourself if you had a hand drill.

Drilling the heat sink should be straight forward. Buy ALU 6061 from regular ALU supplier and get them to cut to size of 6" length. Mark the center of the diameter, using a center drill to do a little pilot hole. Use a 2.5mm drill bit and drill at least 30mm deep in. Get a M3x0.5mm hand tap and tap the end.

I would think ppl will charge between $20-$30 to supply and fabricate the 6" rod for 1pc qty.

Mike

Comment

Yes, I only required 1 set. The job is considered as a simple task but I don't have the tools to do it. Sourcing for the material and get all the proper tools will cause even more than someone to make for me.

I am willingly to pay someone for the job if the price is fair.

Comment

I am willingly to pay $25 for 1 set mentioned job + additional 6" long threaded alum. rod.

Collect n delivered at Woodlands.

Comment

ok. I will check them out for you. $25 sounds reasonable.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike. Hope to hear good news from you.

Comment

Hi, a M3 tap might not be able to reach 25 mm deep, you can try using M4 screw at 15mm. That should be strong enough to hold the heat sink on it end.

Comment

Thanks for your input uniphyte.

By the way, I got my item. Happen to see one that I needed from Sim Lim Tower.

Moderator, pls close the thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X