Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dome..

hello guys. have lost touch with the r/c world for a while now. (had to save up for something bigger. heh )

anyway i was wondering, if there is any kind soul who would try help me mill 2 hollow domes? not too sure of the dimensions yet. just trying my luck.

if anyone is interested to help, do let me know how you would like to charge me.

TIA!

hmm. dont know how to edit the post. but i forgot to mention, the dome will not be bigger then 3 or 4 inches in diameter.

Comment

Plastic Dome

I can use the school's vaccuum-forming machine to do two for you - will confirm the actual size with you later - must go and measure the former.

Cheers.

Comment

by chance u had any drawing or dimension.

I read you mentioned "mill" what kind of material and wall thickness are u looking at?

Cheers

Mike

Comment

hzm,

thickness should be only like 2mm or so. i will try do a hand drawing when i get home. for the time being (for imagination sake), its like a ping pong ball cut into half. material wise, i'm not very particular. as of now, i only can think of aluminium. or does anyone have any other suggestion of material used?
          i seen aluminium ones selling for 300+ or so a pair. which i think is pretty much VERY over kill.

cdckjn,

woah, your sch got vaccum former, so can do carbon fibre molding!

thank all very much!
          greatly appreciated.

Comment

ok.. rough picture. should look something like that. thanks

Comment

Working...
            X