Had been busy playing with this lately

Very cool software, first encounter w a CAM, will try to get some video up

Total 10 CDs of video tutorial, 149 video to watch

Cheers

Mike <br> <br>

wa mike hardcore la haha have fun watching
    Helis
    Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

What is the difference between Bobcam and Mach ?
      How much does this package cost ?
      Do or Do Not. No Try. - Yoda.

Comment

Bobcad-cam is actually a CAD + CAM software

CAD = Computer Aided Design
        CAM = Computer Aided Machining

We use a CAD software to design parts we want to fabricate and use the CAM part to configure the machining process, ( which surface first and inwhich direction etc ) After the cam part, the last step will be generating G Code. CAM is capable of accomplishing this task.

Mach3 is a merely a motor controller. It interpret G Code from all source and tells the stepper motor to move at what direction and at what kind of speed. Mach 3 had other function like motor tuning, backlash compensation, tool cutter input etc.

Mach 3 and bobcad-cam are 2 different set of software.

Bobcad-cam generally retails at ard US$700

Below is their list price.

Free 2D & 3D CAD-CAM Demo - CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design - Computer Aided Manufacturing) Software for CNC Machining: CNC Milling, Turning, Routing & More!

The latest version is bobcad-cam 2007 which cost a bomb. I made do with their previous version bobcad-cam V21, good enuf for me. When I outdo it, I will have it upgrade to 2007.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Thanks.
          I saw their website. Doesn't sound like a hobby type of price range. More commercial/industrial.

What about like TurboCAD ? Will it be able to interface with Mach to cut parts ?
          Do or Do Not. No Try. - Yoda.

Comment

Originally posted by ZF786
            Thanks.
            I saw their website. Doesn't sound like a hobby type of price range. More commercial/industrial.

What about like TurboCAD ? Will it be able to interface with Mach to cut parts ?
            Mach have a build-in converter to convert CAD dfx files to NC file.
            you can d/l the free mach version to try. but i am not sure if the tools compensation's is also "considered" during the NC file conversion.
            No chance to try it yet.
            i tried simple drawing, no problem.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
            Robotis Bioloid
            Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Infact bobcad-cam is for industrial use. Don be fooled by their list price. Generally you can get a set of Bobcad-cam for US$700 w tutorial CD.

Unless you specifically want the latest version 2007 then prepare to cough out US$ 1500.

I heard many giving good comment for alibre express. You can get a free 3D CAD capable copy from http://www.alibre.com/xpress/softwar...ign-xpress.asp

If you purchase Mach3, it comes free w lazy cam. Good enuf for 2.5D machining. However in the event u need pocketing function, you probably need to get upgrade to Lazy cam pro w a little top up.

Another great 2.5D cam will be Sheetcam. Limited to around 250 lines of G code for demo version.

For "cheap" 3D cam software, you may consider Meshcam. They only do 3D not 2.5D

The reason I bite the bullet to get Bobcad cam is bcos it is one of the "cheapest" cad cam software available capable of 2D, 2.5D and 3D machining. I had not went to the level of 4th Axis machining but guess shouldnt be a problem w bobcad cam.

In short, if you intend to stay long in this machining hobby, do consider getting a good cad cam. U don want to relearn software of this complexity over and over again

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X