Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade CNC for PCB drilling and machining

Hi all, I'm new to your forum but had been building my own cnc mill for a few years and attahced you can find my homebuilt cnc mill. In fact supplies such as stepper motor (both bipolar and unipolar), stepper motor driver board are readily available in Singapore, but may need to wait for a couple of weeks in order for dealer to bring in the stuffs.

My system consist of 3 ball screw driven axis (zero backlash) and powered by bipolar stepper. The driver used is similar to Xylotex, both uses A3977 driver from Allegro. For 3 axis system I spent about SGD$600, motor driver + bipolar stepper motor.

I wrote my own motion control software in LabView, and is controlled via National Instuments motion control card PCI-7344. It seems a overkill but this setup enables me to futher improve the system such as adding closed loop servo control. System would work well using mach 3 or mach 2. Initially I tried using K-cam before using LabView and its hardware.

I had machined aluminium, derlin and PCB with this system. In fact the stepper motor driver board can be made from this machine. <br> <br>

Great to see more CNC hobbyist into it. Post us some pics of your machined products

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X