Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

triton settings

what setting should I be using to charge 6 cell nicads on the triton ..the nicads are 2000mah ..what does the peak detection sensitivity do ?

also for Ni mh ones my 3300 pack will only charge in 1000mah and then cut out ..I then start it up again and another 1000 goesn in ...why is it cutting out at this value..

Help please need to learn how to get the most of these cells .

cheers doug

If 3000mah cell cut out frequently, set the sensitivity to a higher value. I charge my Tx battery w 15mv sensitivity peak detection.

Mike

Comment

ok so the higher the MV sensitivity then the less likely it is to cut out early?

at the momment it cuts out at 1000mah put in even with other batteries.

cheers doug

Comment

after peak sensitivity, there is a option called Ni-Mh max charge capacity. you need to adjust it to 3300, depend on your battery capacity. this is used to prevent over charging, when charger can not detect the peak voltage. now your setting maybe at 1000mAh. that's why, every battery cut off at 1000mAh.

Have a try~~

Cheers!
        Team RCFlipMaster

Comment

Are you talking about this? I am hoping to get one of this soon. Let me know if there are any "bad behaviour" from this unit. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by makuang
            after peak sensitivity, there is a option called Ni-Mh max charge capacity. you need to adjust it to 3300, depend on your battery capacity. this is used to prevent over charging, when charger can not detect the peak voltage. now your setting maybe at 1000mAh. that's why, every battery cut off at 1000mAh.

Have a try~~

Cheers!
            Euraka!!!! that may be the problem ..have not seen this part yet!! will have a look tonight

mechplas...very good unit would highy recomend ...............would not recomend stupid user like myself ..dont order one of me ..hahahahhahahah

cheers doug

Comment

Thanks doug.

Comment

Mechplas... wait for b-p-p sale............. free international shipping.. plus cheapest price...
                huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic
                  Mechplas... wait for b-p-p sale............. free international shipping.. plus cheapest price...
                  hoi, what is b-p-p man!

Comment

http://www.b-p-p.com/

They hold sale every now and then... => free international shipping for triton.
                    huh

Comment

Let me know! Will get one of these babies too!

Comment

I'm also interested in this charger. should i get it from NTC or b-p-p?
                        nic,
                        u sure about the free shipping thing,are u sure,are u very very sure?

Also may I ask how long it takes to ship to singapore from US??
                        Don't PCW

Beam E4
                        Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
                        Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Dunno when is it going to happen again.. but so far 2-3 times over the last few months...

so if you not in a hurry.. just keep waiting and waiting... could be months to wait though.....

Typically, if they ship by EMS.. it is about 1 week. Insured parcel post is also about 1 week...

but somehow when my collegue ship to me via air-parcel... it takes 1 month....
                          Last edited by nic; 16-08-2004, 02:48 PM.
                          huh

Comment

sale is on!!! till 21 Aug
                            huh

Comment

Personaly went down to NTC to check it out. the Triton does not have AC supply and only has 1 output. Disappointed

So I decided to get the Hobbico Accu-Cycle Elite pro series. I think its more practical to have 2 outputs so that you can charge Tx and Rx batt at the same time.

And AC is practical when doing cycle execise at home. 12V acid accumulator can be used at the field.

It has 2 independant temp gauge (optional attachement sold separately)

Need to note: The AC supply that came with the set is 110V NOT 240V WATCH-OUT!!!! So, you probably need a step down trans. with output of max 5A to get it to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X