Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasegawa Desert Harrier

Hi and good day, its been ages since I login to this forum, anyway long story short; I am more into building plastic models than RC models but my bro (another member here) ask me to post my work here to share...

I bought this kit in September during a trip to Taipei, I was attracted by the boxart and the sharkmouth decal. The fact that this would be another wavvy grey camo scheme is a factor too.

And here are the rest of my Desert Harrier pictures.

I use Gunze paints only, the base coat is #116 Black Grey, the light camo area is #315 Light Gull and the dark camo area is #337 Greyish Blue. The pinwash is done with Tamiya enamel German Grey.

The camo should be sharp-edged but I decided to do it freehand to save time and effort. I lightened the centre parts to show abit of fading as this aircraft operated in Desert Storm, I might do more weathering later to dirty this bird....

The decals where very 'soft' and I broke afew of them, you can see it in the pictures if you look hard enough.

I only added two GBU-16s (from Hasegawa weapon series) to the Harrier, the sidewinder and tanks came with the kit. Not sure if I got it right though, but the instructions say it can carry two.

I decided to do an open canopy (my first!) when I discovered the kit didn't provide a pilot. I added some details in the cockpit too.

Closeups

Overall, I made alot of mistakes on this model and once again my sloppy-ness as a builder is revealed, there are some seamlines not properly cleaned up and scratches here and there for example.

Any comments are welcomed. Thanks for reading :P

Oh and this model is 1/72 scale....

Nice!
    Perhaps you may want to share your work with the folks at:

plamo.outthere.info

as well?

I've got on the bench a 1/72 Academy A10. Will be trying freehand camo on it. But my lack of skill and a not-so-good AB will probably result in a disaster!

Comment

looks very good...

I used to enjoy plastic scale modelling but was never able to achieve the standards that you are presenting. Do post more of your works... even works in progress and techniques should be interesting....

Thanks...

Comment

Wow nice harrier! What scale is it? I have a box of 2 1/72 harrier from hasegawa. Never got to start on it. Currently i m working on an A-4E SKyhawk
        My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
        (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
        (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
        (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
        (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
        (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
        Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
        JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

Thanks for the complements everyone

I do post in Plamo but using a other nickname.

And this is in 1/72 scale.

Have a good day and happy CNY

Comment

Woah ! ...bro, you're 'master grade' already !
            Excellent Photography too !

I do lots of Plastic models too of every sorts (in fact, the whole house is full of them)
            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

That's my brother, Pete.
              I have been trying to get him into RC, but he ended building precision scale models.......

Wait till he show you his award winning BAE hawk!

Comment

Nice da deh......

please make it fly.

enjoy.
                Sondol first talk later!

Comment

Foofighter, amazing build.

I'm sure now people would be pming you to makeover their foamy edfs.... = )
                  "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Thank you sirs, I really wished it could fly.. btw this year is the 20th anniversary of Desert Storm..

Bro MSC, this is not really 'precision' scale models lah, got mistakes here and there, just that my iPhone camera did not capture it ..

Thank you all for the encouragement, I'll try to put my future builds in here to share next time.. right now I am building a "missile with a man in it", but cannot fly also

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by msc View Post
                      That's my brother, Pete.
                      I have been trying to get him into RC, but he ended building precision scale models.......

Wait till he show you his award winning BAE hawk!
                      Huh ? ...you mean Kah Lup ? ...wah ! ...talented lah !
                      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

This is the brother that you didn't know about...he's Pete.
                        Both Kah Lup and I did not manage to get him into Control Line in the old days...

Comment

My first love is plastic modelling too, that's why I ended up building plastic model boats and converting it to RC in order to enjoy both hobbies.

Comment

Hey ... show us your work leh... would be interesting to see plastic models with RC functions... always dreaming of a Tamiya USS Enterprise on RC .....

Originally posted by Cklasse View Post
                            My first love is plastic modelling too, that's why I ended up building plastic model boats and converting it to RC in order to enjoy both hobbies.

Comment

My build is in this forum.

http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55445

Comment

Working...
                              X