Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malaysian RC Flier dies after being hit by RC plane

Dear All,

Today is a sad day for us fliers in Malaysia. The inevitable happened.

Although the details is a bit unclear now, I will try to get the details soonest. I wasn't there today. It happened in my flying site.

A seasoned rc pilot somehow "lost control" while flying his plane and hit another flier who has at the sideline setting up his trainer.

All I can say is, it happens. Unintentionally....or because of ignorance, I can't say as I wasn't there to witness..unfair for me to pass judgement..only to remind all that always remember safety..

The individual who passed away was hit while preparing his plane. He was hit at full throttle when the plane was doing a fast pass. He was in coma since 11 am and passed away at the hospital after failing to regain consciousness. He went to meet his maker at around 4pm.

Again, let me emphasize that I wasn't there. I will try to get the details as soon as I hear the confimed happenings. All I got was he was hit by a size 40 nitro pylon. Thats about it.

So my friends in Singapore, especially to my F5B/F5D pilots, get your distance, wear a helmet if you need to and always look out for passerby and crowds.

May the individual rest in peace.

rgds,
    babasmurf

My condolences goes out to the family of the deceased.

It is certainly sad to see a brother in our hobby pass away but it's more difficult when accidents happen at the flying field.

Let us all take this as a reminder. All of us may have at one point of time fly dangerously. Let that time be the last. It's up to all of us (heli/nitro/electric/glider/free-flight flyers) to be mindful of safety and remind others if they step out of line.

Adnan
    Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Oh man! This is really a sad news. My condolences to his family.

Babasmurf, please try to get more information and we want to learn from this and make sure it will never happen here or any where else.

Again my deepest condolences to his family.

Comment

Oh goshhh... my heart sank when read this sad news

My condolences to the family..

Hope the tragedy will serve as another reminder to all of us..
        sigpic

Comment

Our condolence to his families

be strong and take care

Comment

very sad to hear that

My condolences goes out to the family of the deceased.

Rc is fun but safety flying come first...

Comment

Some information I got from Malaysian-RC forum.

Comment

Fellow DaddyHobbians

This incident have happen here before. Thank God that our friend Adnan was not seriously hurt.

We have to be accountable for our actions. My heart sank when I read babasmurf thread. We were just talking about safety at the flying field when we met at Sedili 2 months ago and now our worse nightmare has happened.

We dont have to fly F5D/F5B for things to happen. Simple e-starter with a spinning prop is all it takes for things to happen. Anything that flies has the potential to hurt or worse kill someone. WITH OR WITHOUT PROP

Comment

That will be the second death by r/c accident I read of today.

In china, a 4year old boy was killed by a 50size nitro.

Sometimes when I fly at a certain field in the west side, I will really fear for the planes, not because I don't trust the pilots' skill, but because they like to hover and harrier right above people's head.

sigpic

Comment

hmmm

as a fellow hobbyist, i'm sad to hear this news. even sadder is its from our neighbouring country. although i've never flown with them brfore, i'm sure some of our members have close ties with them. i really feel for his family. is there any way someone can organize a donation collection so that we can pass to his family or ask babasmurf to pass it on our behalf? i mean any kind contribution is the most we can help his family. maybe the organizer can collect or post an account so that we can contribute.

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
                    sigpic

Comment

my deepest condolences to his family.
                      Futaba 8U Super/Spectrum DX7

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

"To be OLD & WISE, You must 1st have to be YOUNG & STUPID"

Comment

Mine too.

That is why all of us must think SAFETY first.
                        Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                        Having fun yet?
                        36.39mhz
                        40.77mhz

Comment

This is a very sad day for all RC flyers.
                          I am very sure that the Nitro flyer will be devastated with the outcome. Regardless of the causes that could lead to the accident, a fellow RC flyer has lost his life. Our condolence to the family of the RC flyer.

MS

Comment

But no matter how safe we are, freak accidents still happens... its never 100% safe. most importantly, we must learn fm it and avoid similar incident fm happening again.
                            Futaba 8U Super/Spectrum DX7

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

"To be OLD & WISE, You must 1st have to be YOUNG & STUPID"

Comment

Originally posted by zeus View Post
                              But no matter how safe we are, freak accidents still happens... its never 100% safe. most importantly, we must learn fm it and avoid similar incident fm happening again.
                              You are right. As was known the flyer was hit by a size 40 nitro pylon. Should we review into the relative flying field size and the type of planes were flew from now on? Such as plane size, speed and weight etc. Some EP planes are capable of doing what a 40 size pylon does.

I have seen some flyer flying super fast plane in relative small field....! Just my 2 cent.

Comment

Working...
                              X