Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/16 Heng Long Tiger I winter camouflage

been working on my HL Tiger I for the past few weeks and she's finally finished! the original colour was the brown/green camouflage but now she has a winter camo. here are some photos- what do you guys think?

any of you painted your tanks? i would recommend it coz the tank will look much more realistic and not toy-like. i did the camo using a flat white nippon spray paint which i got for $4 plus. the details were done with artist acrylic paint.

Good job..did you mod the barrel as well?From wat I know Henlong Tigers barrel isn't to scale..much much shorter actually.

Comment

thanks! it was actually my first weathering job ever so i guess it didn't turn out too badly.

you're right, the barrel is too short but i don't have the equipments and skill to extend it. i've heard that many people tried to extend the barrel and the BB stopped shooting properly. don't think i'll be doing any more mods on this tank- now it's play time!

Comment

Originally posted by sector6
        thanks! it was actually my first weathering job ever so i guess it didn't turn out too badly.

you're right, the barrel is too short but i don't have the equipments and skill to extend it. i've heard that many people tried to extend the barrel and the BB stopped shooting properly. don't think i'll be doing any more mods on this tank- now it's play time!
        I think there is a ready made kit for the gun barrel selling on the web.

Comment

Tdrc

been working on my HL Tiger I for the past few weeks and she's finally finished! the original colour was the brown/green camouflage but now she has a winter camo. here are some photos- what do you guys think?

any of you painted your tanks? i would recommend it coz the tank will look much more realistic and not toy-like. i did the camo using a flat white nippon spray paint which i got for $4 plus. the details were done with artist acrylic paint.

nice paint your tank!!! do u battle with it ? check out the battle site at our army museum guys !!! is fun ground for tanks ...

Comment

Nice paint job, but I think in winter, they did not really camo their tanks for winter, instead they used a white wash, I found on RCU a method they use that allows them to really remove the white wash when the winter is over, and tehwhite wash looks so very authentic. Not sure if I can post a link to an otherside forums to here, so you guys will nee dto look for teh thread yourself.

Yo Jumat dude, we get your message, you dun have to flood every thread with your army museum battle ground, one thread will do do not to post it up on 3 or 4 threads.

Comment

you're right about them using whitewash to do their winter 'camouflage'. i used a sand paper to scrub the tank so that the original camo shows in some parts. will post an update pic later this week if i get the time. i might even post a little video clip on youtube using my wireless cam as well!

Comment

Here is the final look on my Tiger I and its commander after all the weathering. Looks much more realistic than the previously.

Comment

Nice...

Now, How about adding some nice hardwares to your tiger e.g. metal hatches for driver that can open, machine gun with LED within it, corrected gun barrel lenght, metal gear engine with metal tracks...etc? That'll will be even nicer.

You can look up ebay under 'metal hatches' if you are interested.
                  Operational
                  1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                  1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
                  Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve
                  1/24 Vs M1A Abram, Vs A6 Leopard
                  1/16 HL Tiger I Late Prod. (Elmod), HL Panzer III (Elmod), Matorro King Tiger

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong... the tank crews also change uniform for winter like their counterparts, the regular infantry troops... maybe you want to check if this is true. If so, your tank commander looks out of place in the standard uniform driving around in a winter-painted tank. Maybe can paint his outfit white too.

Tha tank looks wonderful!!!!!

Comment

his winter gear is currently in the laundry! or another possibility is that it's no longer winter so the commander is taking the tank to the car wash to get the whitewash off!

i dont know much about the uniforms. isn't there one uniform for combat and another which is more formal like my current one?

Comment

his winter gear is currently in the laundry! or another possibility is that it's no longer winter so the commander is taking the tank to the car wash to get the whitewash off!

i dont know much about the uniforms. isn't there one uniform for combat and another which is more formal like my current one?
                        Maybe this may be of help to you. A German tank Commander in winter uniform:

SMALLJOES.COM - GI JOE 3 3/4 Action Figures, Military Toys, Military Action Figures, 21st Century Toys, Blue Box Elite Force, Forces of Valor, Military Scale Model Collectibles Shopping Store & More!
                        Operational
                        1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                        1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
                        Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve

Comment

thanks! but is he wearing the same blazer underneath the white parka?

Comment

I also not sure leh...Can't peel out the fellow's coat to see...
                            Operational
                            1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                            Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve

Comment

hehe, yeah. wouldn't want him to get cold!

can't find a comprehensive site with pictures and descriptions of the panzer uniforms. oh well, have to keep trying.

Comment

Working...
                              X