X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TP Lipo Batts from Mack/George

Hi All,

Just thought that i should post this here to ensure that no one else is duped by Mack/George selling TP Lipos around the area or other areas.

Batts in question are 2 x TP 2.2A 3S 25C
    Approximate discharge cycles 60 at 42-48A.

Batt One. Power loss 3 mins in flight. Noticed and recovered my AJ. After letting the battery cool down the resting voltage was 11.6V. Using a watt meter i ran the batt steadily up to WOT at 42-48A .. voltage dropped to <9V rapidly.. confirmed dead batt.

Batt Two. Fully charged batt.. test run on the ground from 12.6V. WOT at same 42-48A dropped to 9.6V over approx 15seconds. looks like anoter one going to bite the dust.

So thats $200 worth of batts that could have potentially killed a $300 balsa plane twice over. (Just to add i took over these batteries from another AJ flyer that i know very well and looks after his batts; btw batts were bought from george but ultimately from mack.)

14th JUNE 07
    so i call up george... little to my knowledge that george and mack apparently are not on good terms anymore and he gives me the go-around saying i dont do it anymore pls talk to mack. i told him that he sold the batts he should be following up, a common courtesy i presumed. i was wrong! so george sms'es me to call up mack and i do and i get this whirldwind story about TP and this and that and im just a LITTLE frustrated seeing that for one my new AJ almost died from a battery that has not EVEN SEEN its BURST mode used yet and is NOT EVEN used at its rated CONTINOUS AMPs and two im getting the royal run around the horsie treatment!!!

to make matters worse mack tells me that the continuous discharge rate ie 25C at 2.2A (55A) is only for at most 60seconds.... and im like what??????? CONTINUOUS MODE.. limiting timing???? isnt that BURST mode???

so i go down tot he field and guess what .. GEORGE is there .. ALLELUYIAH. I tell him that i want to give him the cells and he can pass it to mack. Holy crap wouldnt you know it all of a sudden GEORGE has to leave and apparently he is leaving the country the next day and cant pass the batts to mack.. ????!!!!????!!!!!????

so i wait for mack at the field. to cut the long story short after a heated arguement mack relents and takes the batts. KUDOS! phew thought it was over. he sends an email to TP (I have no way of verifying this) and PM's me that he has done so... this was 14th June 07 btw.

15th JUNE 07
    So here i am at work today at 1500Hish and i get this SMS.

From Mack.
    "Can u meet me at the punggol flying site today? I hv no reply fm TP regarding your packs. So, I could not send them out today. Mack"

My Reply.
    "What are we meeting about"

From Mack.
    "retvrning your packs to u. I dont want to keep your packs over the weekend. Mack"

My Reply.
    "Sorry I dont understand your logic. USA is 12h behind us. Its still friday 4am are you expecting them to reply now? come on"

From Mack.
    "Kindly pick up the packs back n i will update u later. Mack"

okay so now im just a LITTLE MORE pissed off. . i stop what i am doing n go down to PFW to find out WTF is going on. HEATED ARGUEMENT ENSUES in front of PFW spectators (eh you guys owe me cinema ticket prices ) The reason that Mack needs to return me the batts over the weekend.

"Oh over 2-3 days im not sure what is the charge in your batteries and it might die if its left aside without sending to the USA."

WTF

At this point i just poke myself in the guts cause I HAVE TO BE ******* dreaming!!!!!!! did i just hear that a LIPO left alone for 3 days will DIE?????? Let alone that it is still 4AM in USA and TP hasnt even started work yet and they could POSSIBLY still reply and he can still send the batteries on the 16th JUNE 07........ man i HAVE TO BE DREAMING cause this is just too much to handle.

So on the side before this heated arguement i have also email TP in the USA to inform them of my problem with the batts and also their "apparent" distributor in Singapore that is tarnishing their name. (Oh btw i own other TP batts that have gone way past 100+ cycles and are still working A-OK. and these batts have seen the BURST mode many times over.)

I end up taking the batts back from Mack who tells me to find George and get him to send it back to the USA for me. After taking the batts i tell Mack to go **** himself up the *** and that he better not try to sell **** to anyone around here again cause i wont let him. Let's just say that wasnt a pretty sight for anyone to see.. lucky no kids around.

So here are my Gripes.
    1.) Person selling Lipos but talking crap about discharge rates and cycles so that they dont have to exchange the defective Lipos at their expense or batt companies expense.
    2.) Person saying he will take the batts back after some EXPLICIT PERSUASION but then after less than 24hours says he cannot help and needs to return the batts to owner.
    3.) Person who admits that there could be a batch problem but doesnt want to recall the batts sold to all the people around!!! Apparently 3 more batts were given to him the day prior and apparently he managed to get the owner of those batts to retrieve it from him also ... that poor soul .. dood if you are reading this take caution!

LADIES/GENTLEMEN,
    I have met the worst 2 people in the RC business to date! I sincerely hope that all the other vendors do NOT behave this way. It is simply just not acceptable. After my best friend Mack left the field I started hearing horror stories from the other PFW regulars... and it left me wondering .. god dammit did i just get suckered??? shucks. ah well i will be sending these batts to TP in USA once they WAKE UP and REPLY to my email. I have talked to them before and their return policy is usually no questions asked .. just feedback on how the batt was used and such. Its what you would expect from a typical USA company.

MACK/GEORGE,
    Pls get the hell out of this niche market if you dont want to promote the products the way the company that produces it will cover it. It just leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth and spoils the fun. The rest of us are here cause we enjoy it .. and good vendors will suffer from customer relations due to shitty vendors the likes of you. I do NOT want to see you at PFW anymore period!!.. if i see you 2 there i am going to **** you guys in front of your customers so that they know what you are like and what they are getting into. For a measy $200 you have pissed off the wrong person. I hope in future that you handle your lives in a different manner or other people will be hunting for you also.

DISCLAIMER.
    1.) I am not knocking TP. They have excellent batts. I just happened to get a shitty batch and it almost killed my current pride and joy. Oh and i happened to meet the biggest 2 idiots who talk and talk .. and nothing happens. (hey that sounds familiar )
    2.) I do not want to start a flame war. I just want people to know what they are getting into if they deal with the likes of MACK/GEORGE. You DONT have to take my word for it .. just come down to PFW and ASK ANYONE.
    3.) I tend to be a LITTLE forward when i talk to people. Some people cant handle it .. well i apologise ahead of time but that is me. Short and to the point (so to speak). i mean just ask the regulars at PFW.. im not usually that nasty to people .. i mean other than the odd **** every other sentence/word its all good.
    -------------------
    Powder, Anyone????

Mods.

I apologies in advance if the last msg was a little too obnoxious. but i felt it had to be done that way to drive a point. pls tell me if i need to reword anything.

Thanks
    -------------------
    Powder, Anyone????

Comment

Bro your words are perfect! Ure usage of vocabulary is A-OK, considering your feelings.. Glad to know ure AJ is doing fine. cheers bro,,
      vin
      HucKKK Fest''

Comment

woah. excellent. up the charts to number one. i've seen people trying to sell me TP batts in the field all packed in lunch boxes. never bought any, cos it just didn't look right. for $10 less, i'd rather not risk it.

Comment

Hey Mack,

you once said this in Jan 2007.

"I believe that 'bad mouthing' of our competitor(s) battery packs might be from R/C pilots who were unhappy about our competitor(s) battery packs. This is common at the flying sites."

Now we have a genuine case of a customer who is extremely unhappy with you and George on the product you sold. Is it common too?

Hey George,

you once said this in Sep 2006 in response to Sniper's introduction to FP lipos.

"Tester graphs late. I more trust testers graphs. Tester say use 8 cycles at 20C, 2100 evo will die. Here, flyers use 5 cycles only, it die already. 2100 evo $118 use 5 cycles, use 1 time = $23.60. Very expensive. If give another one free, if use again 5 cycles, again die. Use 1 time = $11.80. Still expensive. Can use 50 cycles 20C? Difficult believe."

From the look of your statement, we have a genuine customer who has used up only 60 cycles and the batt dies. Isn't yours consider expensive too? At least people give 1 to 1 exchange, there is not a single fart from you even. Talk Talk Talk.... Action somehow not quite there.

How to buy from you people like this?
          Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

I saw the thread. Perhaps mod or dealer should come out and clear any misunderstanding?

I dealed with mack/george before, didn't appear to be so irresponsible, maybe mis-com? But the last time I bought from them was 2years ago, maybe things have changed

sigpic

Comment

what are you flying with using TP ?
              what is ur system configuration ?
              Amp draw from ur system ?
              what charger and balancer using on TP ?
              New TP ?
              or secondhand TP ? or how many hand aready ?
              how many charges so far ?
              did you buy from them ?
              Do they have to service you ?
              JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

TP has replied!

well,

latest as of Sat 16/06/2007 6:46 AM ThunderPower has replied to me to send in my batts to Las Vegas. All of you who have read my post (That was DELETED) would know that this was one of the things that pissed me of about Mack/George.

At 1500H local time (0300H USA time) Mack said that TP did not reply to him to send the batts to the USA. Well DUH of course they wouldnt reply they are all SLEEPING!! And they have replied now that they are AWAKE.

This is the icing on top of the cake for me. Well other than my thread being deleted without any information passed to me whatsoever.

I'm not chasing this further. To me it is proven that Mack/George are a bunch of a**wipes that cant be trusted.

I have left this thread here for info on my bad experience with them. Unfortunately i believe that there is a MOD out there that is prolly on their side (what is his/her gain by abusing his/her power im not sure) that has deleted my post of my experience which took me a while to type in .. not to mention some steam which was still in me.

so fellow DH'ers, i have experienced 2 injustices, but never mind the DH MOD that killed my thread. The worst one is an IRRESPONSIBLE SELLER/VENDOR that screws with his customers. I will still keep to my words in that if i see those idiots in PFW or any other flying site i will make sure that the are unable to con their way into any other sales. Ultimately tho i cannot force anyone not to buy from them, that decision will still be up to you and if you want the heartache i have been through then its your decision.

I'm signing out. If this thread gets deleted i will RE-POST again because this time i have copied and pasted this entire post and saved it. But after my next repost i will leave this forum because this is a load of BS.

To the rest of the guys/gals that i know pretty well. sorry peoples but this is beyond me now.. i have tried to do the right thing but obviously there are other issues around as well.. i will still fly with you guys anytime but i doubt i will be using DADDYHOBBY much anymore.

TOODLES!!
                -------------------
                Powder, Anyone????

Comment

I deleted the thread. TP is a great battery and mind you we are not in anyway related to george or mack.

In order to honour what you had written, we had to listen to story from both party. We had not come to a conclusion to allow your thread, as such we had temporary suspend it.

Yes, we can understand your bad experience but we had to take into due consideration the damage you might cause to the reputation of this product through this forum. I can bet that many sensible members and even competitor of Mack will certainly agree to my action. Sorry, I do not mean you are not.

Please be bear with us for the time being. If you need a copy of your earlier posting, I can PM you. I will contact Mack, if he is willingly to clarify the whole issue online, we will certainly allow the thread back. Else I may require you to ammend your posting to remove certain defamation content which we cannot verify.

Mike

Comment

Mike,

sorrry if I am being blunt here, I dun quite get the part on the dafamation part. Can you show us where, against TP or Mack? As far as I am concerned, Talcum posted his experience and had the 2 batteries in question and is ready to send the battery in. The whole PFW saw George and Mack put Talcum on a Royal horse run. Witnesses aplenty actually. I do not quite see how defamation would work here as Talcum IS trying to communicate vigorously with 2 parties involved. I do observed however Mack and George merry go round nonsence and gave weird reasons.

George and Mack has similarly said things that worked against them. Esp for George, his actions were even worse and is downright dafamation with proof. How is it then that thread do not require DH to step in? He tried to put Flightpower (or for that matter based on feedback from others, things he does not sell) in a bad light. Mack tended to use his reputation as part of his sales pitch for his products, let him defend himself. His last activity was only 2 days ago at 10pm, he comes in regularly.
                    Last edited by edmond22; 16-06-2007, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Being the forum owner, we cannot rely just on what the member posted. You had to give us some time to try to contact Mack / George.

There on, if he want to challenge to the claim, so be it. We will just sit back and watch the good show.

This forum is watch by ppl all ard the world. You gauge for yourself what talcum posted looks good as a whole for everyone? There are many ways things can be addressed and if they (mack / george ) are really irrresponsible, I will allow the post but most likely like I had mentioned, ammendment require, in a soother way. Take my words, I just need to get Mack in and I shall allow it.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike,

Not so easy being a forum owner too kekeke. I will talk to Talcum and we will wait

Thanks for your attention nonetheless mate!

Comment

I had tidy up the thread and merge some into one. I had also sms Mack / George regarding this case. Prior to his reply, please refrain from adding fuel to fire. And pls don use the forum as a flaming ground, words can be put in place nicely.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
                            Being the forum owner, we cannot rely just on what the member posted. You had to give us some time to try to contact Mack / George.

There on, if he want to challenge to the claim, so be it. We will just sit back and watch the good show.

This forum is watch by ppl all ard the world. You gauge for yourself what talcum posted looks good as a whole for everyone? There are many ways things can be addressed and if they (mack / george ) are really irrresponsible, I will allow the post but most likely like I had mentioned, ammendment require, in a soother way. Take my words, I just need to get Mack in and I shall allow it.

Mike
                            JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

I feel I have to add that I support Mike 100% this forum is a world wide forum in reality and we need to keep it all clean and readable and not a venue to air "dirty laundry"

I personally was taken back by some of the comments made towards Mack and George ( I have dealt with them in the past and have had no issues but thats just me a lot may have changed) and I though they were defamatory and harsh no matter what a persons feelings are.

That said, I too would be very annoyed by the actions if they happened as described. will wait for the other side of the story.

But Mike has my full support ..thats why he is a MOD and thats what he is doing moderating the forum...

my $0.02

Comment

Working...
                              X