Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balancer Wires DIY repair (TP2100)

Balancer wires came loose - DIY Repair guide

Just to share my little experience on how I re-soldered the balancer wire back to my Lipo (TP2100).

Special thanks to brother ‘Moveon’ for his tips and guidance

Please observe all Lipo handling safety when attempting this repair as Lipo can be dangerous!

Step by step Photo attached for your reference:

(1) Photo showing one of the white balancer wires came loose from battery

(2) Cut the transparent shrink rap till the yellow label is exposed

(3) Slightly peel up the yellow sticker so that the brown insulation tape is exposed. Then peel up the brown insulation tape:

(4) Carefully cut open the inner insulation layers
    (CAUTION: Make sure not to short any of the contacts!!)

(5) This is how the inside looks like. Each wire is soldered to a tag and individually insulated.

(6) Identify the tag where the loose wire came from

(7) Carefully slit open the individual insulation and prepare it for soldering

(8) Pre-tin and solder the loose wire back to the tag:

(9) Insulate the repaired contact (individually) with a new insulation tape:

(10) Arrange the red wire back to its original location and tape down with fibre tape

(11) Arrange the black wire back to its original location and tape down with fibre tape

(12) Test with a balancer to check if the connections are good

(13) Re-tape the brown insulation tape back to its original location

(14) Close back the cut transparent shrink rap and tape with scotch tape. If you like, you can actually by those 60mm transparent shrink rap from LHS and change this portion of the shrink rap.

(15) This is the completed repair.
    Notice that the balancer wires are now taped onto the side of the battery to avoid accidental dislocation due to handling. This is a good practice.

Warning: If you are not sure, don’t try. Lipo can be dangerous!

hOpE this HelPs
    Heli
    Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
    Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
    Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
    Buggy
    Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
    Charger : Tahmazo T15
    Balancer : TP205
    Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Thanks for taking the trouble to share

Cheers

Mike

Comment

I kinda of like disappointed in TP way of soldering the tap. I prefer like E-Tec where they use PCB to "Bridge" those cells together. In that way, it will be easier to solder any broken wires.

To reduce the chance of broken wire(s) especially on the balancer (because we tend to handle the wire more often), I would recommend to use those duct tape (or duck tape or those cloth type tape) and wrap around the wire (like in the last 2 picture) so it can reduce the chance of pulling the wires.

SH

Comment

Working...
      X