Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobby for a senior citizen

Came back from HK with the following ....

This is a fully assembled 1:16 ready-to-run Tiger 1. The chassis and wheel sprockets are in metal. It's much, much cheaper than a Tamiya in cost comparison. Heng Long is the brand and looks popular over in US or UK. There are many upgrade options for you should you need to beef up your tank.

I do own one before..
    Looks great but soon you will find the power is not enough to climb over your feet.. Then, the tank will not go straight because of the bad quality sliver can motor...
    In the end, sell away!!
    That's my experience.
    I love PAP

Comment

It's much, much cheaper than a Tamiya in cost comparison. Heng Long is the brand and looks popular over in US or UK.

Soon you will know how "good" is HL toy.
      Besides comparing the prices between tamiya and hl, did you make physical comparisons between the 2 brands?

A real Proton is definitely much cheaper than a Ferrari.

Comment

Originally posted by IMPACT View Post
        It's much, much cheaper than a Tamiya in cost comparison. Heng Long is the brand and looks popular over in US or UK.

Soon you will know how "good" is HL toy.
        Besides comparing the prices between tamiya and hl, did you make physical comparisons between the 2 brands?

A real Proton is definitely much cheaper than a Ferrari.
        You cannot compare apple with orange. Both the brands have their good and weak points. I've a collection of Tamiya 1/24 and 1/35 tank series and details on a Tamiya is hard to beat I go for a cheaper brand as I don't really want to spend nearly 2k for a full-option kit model even though I've disposable income. Moreover, to assemble a 1/16 model is bad for my eyes (I'm past 60). A assembles model is my next option.

Comment

I have a near-identical Tamiya Tiger I RTR if you want to consider a better tank. What I would like for it wouldn't be anywhere near the 2k you expect to pay on a full-option Tamiya.
          Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Originally posted by r32 View Post
            I have a near-identical Tamiya Tiger I RTR if you want to consider a better tank. What I would like for it wouldn't be anywhere near the 2k you expect to pay on a full-option Tamiya.
            You mean u have one forsale? What's your offer price and age of this tank? The 2k price estimate for a new Tiger 1 includes the Futaba radio transmitter/receiver.

Comment

Hi, yes I have a Tamiya Tiger that I would like to sell because I want to get a Panther instead.

Do PM, text or call me at 82338416 for details.

Here's a few photographs to illustrate. Its very similar to your Heng Long Tiger because it seems like Heng Long reverse-engineered from a Tamiya kit. The difference is really in the details and electronics.

Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

i just dun like the control of tamiya tanks..
                it seems like they do not know that now there are so 14 channel tx in the market.
                they still use some combination of control to fire the barrel.
                I love PAP

Comment

Originally posted by greeny187 View Post
                  you Cannot Compare Apple With Orange. Both The Brands Have Their Good And Weak Points. I've A Collection Of Tamiya 1/24 And 1/35 Tank Series And Details On A Tamiya Is Hard To Beat :d I Go For A Cheaper Brand As I Don't Really Want To Spend Nearly 2k For A Full-option Kit Model Even Though I've Disposable Income. Moreover, To Assemble A 1/16 Model Is Bad For My Eyes (i'm Past 60). A Assembles Model Is My Next Option.
                  Respect

Comment

Just did some paintwork on the HL Tiger. This is my first attempt in using a airbrush

Comment

Good effort with the airburush, although I would suggest reference materials for attaching items such as the iron cross......

SG Tankies:

Comment

Working...
                      X