Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kam,

FlightPower has just released a new 2150mAh lipo.
    The dimension for 2150-3S is 24mmx36mmx105mm wt 178g which is suitable for Trex and speed400 size planes.

This pack of 2150-3S can go 43amps continuous and although Trex and speed400 size planes normally do not draw that high current drain, you will feel the punch because the pack is able to hold voltage much better & yet runs cooler & better lifespan than its nearest competitors of similar capacity.

Where do you fly? We can meet up and let you fly with my new 2150-3S packs
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks O.S.

I fly sometimes at holland rd in weekday, and at punggol park on sat mornings. Will contact you again when nearer to weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by DT8666
        I have seen both pack running on my F16 shows relatively hot and shows some gas built up after flight. The setup only draw at full ower 29A, this should be well within the spec. Howver, that pack is back to normal shape when cooled down until one of the pack show the above problem. is this normal?
        The fact that the some gas built up after flight means the gel had turn to gas. Which means the batt got too hot. The pack may go back to normal size but micro shorts are taking place. Sometimes, it may stay balloon or it will start to balloon during charge or even after a few cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by X34
          The fact that the some gas built up after flight means the gel had turn to gas. Which means the batt got too hot. The pack may go back to normal size but micro shorts are taking place. Sometimes, it may stay balloon or it will start to balloon during charge or even after a few cycle.
          Thanks. will this means it is still safe to use?

BTW, I must acknowledge the fast and responsive support service from the local distributor. No regret.

Comment

Originally posted by X34
            Yap, for the fact that the packs got so hot that the chemistry of the Lipos cells reacts and create gas means that it has been over discharged.

I think alot of Lipo users are not aware that their electronic setup might be drawing say less then 30 Amps on a Lipo capable of handling 36Amps, however there is always a limit on how long you can fly the Lipo batts for.

And if you did not set your brushless ESC to cut at 9.6V to be very safe, then you will have the tendency to over discharge your lipo and damage your Lipo especially when you do not set timer alert on your TX.

Be careful with Lipo, know the facts and respect them.

Regards

Comment

Thanks. will this means it is still safe to use?
              IMO, it is no longer safe, the gel layers are not consistent anymore, the batt can short out anytime.

BTW, I must acknowledge the fast and responsive support service from the local distributor. No regret.
              Touche

Comment

Hi, I got 2 2100 3S EVO, to my diappointment that at the 5th cycle charge with Tahmazo TL4 at 2000ma, the pack is blotted and gas filled in Cell 1 and Cell 3. After I release the gas using a pin, now Cell 3 shows auto discharge in one day by about 0.09V. Now my hold pack is unballanced.

Why such thing can happen?

I have seen both pack running on my F16 shows relatively hot and shows some gas built up after flight. The setup only draw at full ower 29A, this should be well within the spec. Howver, that pack is back to normal shape when cooled down until one of the pack show the above problem. is this normal?
                hmm... i bought my first 2150 evo20 just week ago. I have used it 5 times also and now it is balloon after flight. Seems to be outer cells (1 and 3 ???). I am using apache 2030 charger. I have used it very carefully like my other lipos (they are just fine). Funny thing is it was not hot after flight. Only hand warm. Other lipos get much hotter.

Harri

Comment

Hi Everyone,

If you refer to
                  http://www.flightpower.co.uk/core/FP_Pages/FP_News.htm
                  FlightPower has enjoyed worldwide collaborations and partnerships with companies such as ThunderTiger and Hacker Motors. And many competitive flyers around the world are also using FlightPower EVO20 Lipo.

The FlightPower EVO20 range of battery packs is the most robust yet, with a very low return rate, this due to the tightest quality control measures undertaken at the FlightPower factory.

It is our FlightPower's undertaking to be the Worlds highest quality manufacturer of RC battery packs. Failure rates of FlightPower products are exceptionally low (sub 1/10th of 1%) nevertheless FlightPower is extremely keen to act on the causes of any failure with its products and will be glad to accept return of any warrantee items for inspection, analysis and process impovement. FlightPower operates a customer-first philosophy. Your satisfaction is FlightPower's primary concern.

I have distributed several hundred packs of FlightPower EVO20 lipo and so far only 6 customers (I believe 5 are from our forum) encounter this problem of bloating.

I have been in the service industry for many years and customer service is very important to me. You can be sure that FlightPower and myself will always be there to give advise and to back you up.
                  Please kindly contact me via PM and I will arrange to swop brand-new packs with your bloated FlightPower EVO20 packs.

Thanks.

Regards,
                  Keng Pheng
                  sigpic

Comment

damn............. i just threw away mine !

Comment

Originally posted by Unorthodox_Sniper
                      Hi Everyone,

If you refer to
                      http://www.flightpower.co.uk/core/FP_Pages/FP_News.htm
                      FlightPower has enjoyed worldwide collaborations and partnerships with companies such as ThunderTiger and Hacker Motors. And many competitive flyers around the world are also using FlightPower EVO20 Lipo.

The FlightPower EVO20 range of battery packs is the most robust yet, with a very low return rate, this due to the tightest quality control measures undertaken at the FlightPower factory.

It is our FlightPower's undertaking to be the Worlds highest quality manufacturer of RC battery packs. Failure rates of FlightPower products are exceptionally low (sub 1/10th of 1%) nevertheless FlightPower is extremely keen to act on the causes of any failure with its products and will be glad to accept return of any warrantee items for inspection, analysis and process impovement. FlightPower operates a customer-first philosophy. Your satisfaction is FlightPower's primary concern.

I have distributed several hundred packs of FlightPower EVO20 lipo and so far only 6 customers (I believe 5 are from our forum) encounter this problem of bloating.

I have been in the service industry for many years and customer service is very important to me. You can be sure that FlightPower and myself will always be there to give advise and to back you up.
                      Please kindly contact me via PM and I will arrange to swop brand-new packs with your bloated FlightPower EVO20 packs.

Thanks.

Regards,
                      Keng Pheng
                      I must agree on the very right and top class customer service you have. Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by skyblueblue

Comment

Originally posted by skyblueblue
                          Hi skyblueblue,

No worries. What happened to that pack of 2100-3S that you bought?
                          If you are keen PM me and I will give you a very special price for one pack of 2150-3S that is retailing for S$118. I'm making a loss from this but customer satisfaction comes first.

Flightpower will be releasing a new active balancer in the next 2 weeks.
                          This new balancer has a voltage cut off of 4.20V and should protect the lipo packs from chargers that has higher cut off voltage or are out of calibration.
                          And the price is very reasonably priced in fact lower than most balancers in the market.

Some info on this new balancer:
                          1. Blue LEDs indicating connection to the cells, these LEDs flash when balancing action is occurring on their respective cell.
                          2. A "fuel gauge" (multi-coloured) which gives a visual indication of the state of charge.
                          3. Charging LEDS (Yellow) that flash in a progressive pattern when charge current is passing through the module 4. A reset button and "locked" state indicator LED. (The balancer is designed to go into a locked state when imbalance cannot be overcome by discharging circuitry and when the balancer detects full charge).
                          5. A 10 Amp replaceable fuse
                          6. Leads for connection to charger and main leads of the battery.
                          7. Socket for connection to a wide range of balancer adapter cables (a selection of which is supplied with the balancer)
                          8. Custom built injection moulded case with ventilation grid.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HZM

Originally posted by Unorthodox_Sniper
                            Hi skyblueblue,

No worries. What happened to that pack of 2100-3S that you bought?
                            If you are keen PM me and I will give you a very special price for one pack of 2150-3S that is retailing for S$118. I'm making a loss from this but customer satisfaction comes first.

Flightpower will be releasing a new active balancer in the next 2 weeks.
                            This new balancer has a voltage cut off of 4.20V and should protect the lipo packs from chargers that has higher cut off voltage or are out of calibration.
                            And the price is very reasonably priced in fact lower than most balancers in the market.
                            Thanks alot, the thought has already move my heart.
                            Anyway think i pushed it too much on my trex so it got bloated, someone has already titled me lipo killer

I'm interested in the balancer thou. Let me know the price. Thanks alot

Comment

Originally posted by tau0
                              hmm... i bought my first 2150 evo20 just week ago. I have used it 5 times also and now it is balloon after flight. Seems to be outer cells (1 and 3 ???). I am using apache 2030 charger. I have used it very carefully like my other lipos (they are just fine). Funny thing is it was not hot after flight. Only hand warm. Other lipos get much hotter.

Harri

Keng Pheng just changed my lipo to new one. Excellent service indeed.

Comment

Tester graphs late. I more trust testers graphs. Tester say use 8 cycles at 20C, 2100 evo will die. Here, flyers use 5 cycles only, it die already. 2100 evo $118 use 5 cycles, use 1 time = $23.60. Very expensive. If give another one free, if use again 5 cycles, again die. Use 1 time = $11.80. Still expensive. Can use 50 cycles 20C? Difficult believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X