• Show
Clear All

My below sgd250 quadcopter with GPS, Bluetooth and sonar

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130421_235503.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	990488

Quite reasonable cost as there are no motors.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramid View Post
      Quite reasonable cost as there are no motors.
      All the parts are included. It is still under construction. The frame cost usd19.50. This cheap quad can deliver more entertainment value than dji phantom.

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
        All the parts are included. It is still under construction. The frame cost usd19.50. This cheap quad can deliver more entertainment value than dji phantom.
        nice!
        that is really cheap man. update us with a video of it flying!

Comment

Originally posted by speeder View Post
          nice!
          that is really cheap man. update us with a video of it flying!

This is better than naza. Possible to compete with wookong.

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
            http://oddcopter.com/2013/02/22/an-i...f-3d-robotics/

This is better than naza. Possible to compete with wookong.
            Woohoo....this is brilliant news to me as well as BAD.

It's good to know that APM's getting more robust and gives the DJI naza and wkm a run for it's money.

However....I never really get to fly my apm 2.5 like the naza.

It hovers all over the place....cant quite counter the wind and cant return and land properly as well.

I checked some of the vids at youtube...there's a lot of great flights with the apm2.5 but mostly done indoor.

I would really appreciate if wengwah could help post some videos of your outdoor flights - mine flight at the moment's kinda sh@#ty.

I saw some really cool videos posted by people at sgdrifters using DJI solutions and they looked really really smooth. I hope mine is just as smooth with the apm2.5.

Comment

Yes, the APM is good, even the Crius AIOP V1.1 has the potential to have position hold that rivals that of the Naza when tuned properly, and I'm pretty confident of that because I've tried it myself, so what more the APM?

As for your APM not performing as it should, it all boils down to many factors such as PID tuning, FC/GPS mounting, any EMI... You've got to do a whole lot of reading online, and spend many hours tuning to get it perfect just like the Naza.

Regarding the blog post, yeah, it sounds promising and all, and yes, I believe that the APM 2.5 can be as good as the Naza, but on the condition that it is perfectly tuned and free from vibrations. But I think it's still a little far from Wookong standard... If you've tried a Wookong, you'll know what I mean.

Comment

Saw a wookong and flown with naza. Definitely my apm dun fly like them.given i used to be a 3d heli pilot that was never taught to read for hours to get my craft set electronically right.but really looking forward to seeing a well tuned apm fly.

Comment

I think that's the value that the Naza and Wookong brings. It dramatically shortens the 'time-to-market' and 'operability cost' despite the initially bigger capital investment. I got both a Naza- and KK2-based quad, and although it may not be a fair comparison, the Naza is leagues ahead other than cost. The Naza's flight behavior does not change much regardless of AUW (within limits, of course) and is very forgiving with non-finely-balanced frames in terms of weight distribution. It just flies well without needing to retune any values, along with consistent altitude and position hold performance.

The KK2 is also stable, but only after some hours of tuning (I'm a newbie, so YMMV). However, it is more sensitive to weight and weight distribution changes, and I read from other forums that other FCs also need to be retuned when there are big changes to AUW and / or weight distribution or similar factors.

Comment

It's all a matter of tuning... But that alone can be many hours of trying again and again...

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
                      It's all a matter of tuning... But that alone can be many hours of trying again and again...
                      I'm sure it is. But I'd rather have fun flying than try to fly it while frustrated that I can't get it to fly the way I want it to. Flying to tune isn't fun for me, and I've been there with the KK2. I almost wants to give up and just get another Naza. To be fair though, I learned a lot in the tuning process.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramid View Post
                        I'm sure it is. But I'd rather have fun flying than try to fly it while frustrated that I can't get it to fly the way I want it to. Flying to tune isn't fun for me, and I've been there with the KK2. I almost wants to give up and just get another Naza. To be fair though, I learned a lot in the tuning process.
                        True, but I guess it varies for people. For me, I must say that it is the joy of tuning a cheap FC to the extent that it can rival the stability of the Naza that keeps me going. Of course, I do enjoy the flying as well, but I do recognise the satisfaction I get out of getting something real cheap to perform as well as something even more expensive.

Comment

Hi Wengwah, I have APM 2.5 and wookong M. I have no problem at all about how to set up wk-m. But I really have alot of problem and get lost when I try to set up APM2.5. Could you please help me set up my APM 2.5. I find that wk-m is very stable and make me peace of mind while I am flying and film for my project but due to the price is so expensive. I don't mind to learn how to set up APM 2.5 from you if it's really stable as wK-m.

Comment

There are so many YouTube out there.. You can simply follow their recommended tuning to get it to work. By the way, was wondering if you are using simonk firmware for your esc?

Originally posted by TKD1234 View Post
                            Hi Wengwah, I have APM 2.5 and wookong M. I have no problem at all about how to set up wk-m. But I really have alot of problem and get lost when I try to set up APM2.5. Could you please help me set up my APM 2.5. I find that wk-m is very stable and make me peace of mind while I am flying and film for my project but due to the price is so expensive. I don't mind to learn how to set up APM 2.5 from you if it's really stable as wK-m.

Comment

Wookong is at least 20 times more expensive than crius aiop. No hobbyist will invest in such a expensive FC.

The Kk 2.0 which cost usd30 is also super stable. I believe the skill and calibration on the tx matters too.

If I could not fly well, I will blame it on my skill.

Comment

Working...
                              X