Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help, nebie here

I have purchase a KingTech Power EPS with a T-motor T1804 ,ESC Tahmazo Pro-CS-13 13V
    Soldered the points together already , plug into the battery 2cell 240MAH (35C)
    turn on transmitter, then tried to push the trottle but the motor not turning , is it the soldering problem or...
    After a while the battery bloated up some chemical leak i guess the battery is spoiled ,any recommend which battery should i get and what's the problem connected Click image for larger version

Name:	20121020_233524.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	576.5 KB
ID:	985705

From your picture, you need to insulate your motor bullet connectors. The risk of a short is just too great. Also, did you solder the battery connector correctly? Sounds like you shorted out the battery at the battery connector end.

You may want to read up a little more on soldering technique

Comment

#1 Please do use proper bullet connectors, also properly insulated.

The battery bloat could be a million other reasons...

Can you take a video of the entire setup and the problem occuring?

From the picture I can see only a soldered ESC connectors. That's all we can comment about cos we cant see other things?
      Hanger
      Hirobo XRB SR Lama
      Hirobo Quark SRB
      Hirobo Quark SRB SG
      Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
      Blade450 3D
      MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
      COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
      Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
      FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
      Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
      HK FLYJET EDF
      Artech Skyfun
      Dynam P51D Mustang
      Parkzone P51

Tx:
      Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
      Spektrum DX6i
      DX8
      Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Hi,

Your soldering technique is not quite correct. For these bullet connectors, the wire strands should go into the barrel, so that the end result is "in-line", i.e. one straight line from wire to the connector.

As for the soldering process itself, this video explains well. You don't need a holder like that, but something is needed to steady the whole arrangement while you solder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9yY9Kk4bEA

Battery bloating could be due to short-circuit (did you see sparks?) on the battery connection side. If you provide overall photo, perhaps it will be clearer.

As others have mentioned here, make sure you insulate bare connections with heat shrink, else...
        ------------------------------
        Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
        NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

your esc may be short too

You could have also short your esc too.

Comment

Thanks for the help , can i still redo it ? is the centre soldering correct ?

Comment

the ESC connector hole is too small for to go into

Comment

you referring to the esc connectors.. Then for that you gotta just use a different size connectors.. They come in various sizes from 2mm to about 8mm in diameter depending on the current draw requirements...
                Regards,
                Xuen7

SELLING
                2 x Brand New ThunderPower G6 Batteries 65C 5000mAH
                Kontronik HeliJive 120HV ESC

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades
                Flashed XP-12A for MCPX Governed and Brushless Conversion
                Flashed XP-3A for MCPX tail brushless Conversion

BUYING
                MCPX parts / kit etc..
                Burned MCPX Mainboards

"Learning the art of forgetting for the sake of remembering"

Comment

The connector holes come with the motor

Comment

Actually I was just looking at some of the ESC and motor that I have, and turns out that 18 AWG wires can fit 2mm bullet connectors - so I'm not sure why you face the difficulty. Maybe your soldering attempts have clogged up the connectors or somehow made the wire conductor diameter larger due to leftover solder.

Two options you have now:

Either cut off the "dirty" wire conductors and strip it again, start fresh and clean. Make sure the wire strands are twisted nicely, not frayed, and test-fit into nice, new, clean 2mm connectors. Actually you can re-use your 2mm connectors if your soldering skills are fine. Just re-melt the solder that's there.

Or, you can use the next larger size of bullet connectors, 3.5mm. Solder these on both the ESC side and motor side.

In both cases, get heatshrink of the appropriate size to insulate your connections. Fit the bullet connectors together first, after soldering, to get an idea of how much to insulate.

Plenty of videos on the web to guide you through the process.
                    ------------------------------
                    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

At this point, I strongly recommend that you get someone to help you with the soldering. Also, you need to determine if you have flied the ESC.

Let me know if you need help.

Comment

Thanks for the help , i think that i will ask someone to help

Comment

Bro ST,
                          likelyhood is that you have shorted your esc (with the connectors exposed) and also your batts - that probably explains the batt bloating and leaking..

And for your info, damaged / punctured Lipos are dangerous.. (Fire Hazard).

Prepare a container and mix ionized salt and water. soak the damaged batts in it till it stops bubbling then throw away. DO NOT ATTEMPT to charge the batts again.

Find a friend with exp or go to LHS for help and assistance.

Comment

Working...
                          X