Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTS-Scratchbuilt EPP EDGE540 profile Plane

Hi everyone! As the title suggests, it's a Scratchbuilt EPP profile 3D flyer based on the Edge 540T. I built this plane as a replacement to my Techone EPP Yak54 to fit in my larger 3D plane category. At the same time, I also experimented by building it with EPP layers for more strength and stiffness. I have been scratchbuilding foamies for over 2years and those who know me here have seen them and how the fly!

I am selling this build as it's hanger clearing time. I have too many builds..lol! She has had only 5 flights mostly for trimming and trials. No crashes at all! She flies pretty much like the techone SU31, Yak54 type foamies. Stalls are gentle and tho a little wing drop at too slow a speed, she will High-A, hover and KE with ease! KE tracks very well from the stiffness of the build. Here are some details, if not too lengthy.

All EPP built. CF rods on fuse, wing and H-stab. Laminated 10mm &8mm EPP layers on Fuse with cut away design for reducing weight, adding stiffness. Wing has a 5mm EPP rolled over a 10mm EPP wing, layered over the LE to for a curved LE and psuedo KF Airfoil. Powered by a Turnigy 2830 1000Kv running a 10x3.8SF APC prop. This set up is adequate for slow controlled flight and just enough to punch out when needed. For more power a 10x4.7 can be used! X2 Aileron servos, x1 rudder, x1 elevator (all 9g Emax).
    A lipo tray area is on the lower Fuse (ala Techone planes). She is balanced out with this set up, however if one desires more Tail/nose bias, the lipo could be alternatively attached via Velcro to the fuse sides.

Overall I recommend this plane for those looking for a larger 3D plane with the crash absorbing EPP. Not a beginner plane and good for intermediate flyers or those wanting a 2nd plane. You can fly pattern if 3D isn't your style. She will track nicely and has a strong rudder to boot! So to re-cap:

WS: 35"
    length: 33.5"
    AUW (including Lipo) : approx 380-420g
    includes: Turnigy 2830-1000kv with 10x3.8SF APC prop (shaft has already been reversed), Turnigy 18A ESC, x4 9g servos, x1 Voltron 3s 1050mah *to get you started* Overall, she's PnP!
    Not included : Rx.
    Wish to let her go for SG$150 - you also get all my advice and suggestions for building and how to repair her up...lol! I do chat alot..hehe!

No Crashes and If you look at the pic, she is already painted but I never got around to complete the letterings in black on the wing and stabs. Only 5 flights since completing the build. Some areas have the paint powdered. If your keen I can give a short Demo flight near my place at Pasir Ris. Sorry I never took a vid. You are obliged to come take a look before deciding and ask any questions if needed. Rest assured, my builds are sound. Those who know me and seen my planes will know...lol!

If your interested, SMS/whatsapp me at 97430734 (Tim) *Pls don't PM...it's easier this way* Feel free to ask any questions you may need clarification about! Hope to hear from you soon! And cheers! - Tim-

Click image for larger version

Name:	20120829_184030_resize_resize_resize.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	985632Click image for larger version

Name:	20120829_184046_resize_resize_resize.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	985633

Edit

Sorry guys....in the haste to post this I also forgot to add that the asking price of SG$150 is negotiable. If your keen, lemme know your offer for consideration. Thanks again!

Comment

Update! I need the space so I have to let this go.

Priced at SG$120 (negotiable)
      - x4 servos
      - ESC
      - motor

Not included ; Rx & Lipo

Cheers

Comment

Hi,

what is Rx and Lipo?

Comment

@ wealthlife

RX : Reciever
          Lipo : Lithium Polymer (aka Battery)
          Tx : Transmitter

Hope that helps. Lots more abbreviations.

Comment

Ups for the Friday>

Still available SG$120 (Negotiable). Demo flight can be arranged at my place and you are free to view for consideration at Pasir Ris. Rest assured, my builds are not flimsy, out of shape or miscalculated. Built too many Foamies from 3D profiles, pusher jets and fun trainers during the past 2+ years. This is PnP complete with the COG, Thrust to weight ratio all set and balanced.

SMS/whatsapp 97430734

Cheers!

Comment

Lelong update!!!

Clearence Sale Update!!

SG$80/-nett!!

Package includes the Scratchbuilt EPP Plane
              - with x4 Emax servos
              - Turnigy 2830 1000kv motor

** Not inlcuded **
              - Prop and prop adapter
              - Rx
              - Lipo
              - Esc

You will need a minimum 18A (20A recomended) ESC and APC 10x3.8SF (10x4.7 recommended)

Collection at my place in Pasir Ris. You are obliged to view before confirmation. Feel free to ask any questions if needed. Thanks...SMS/whatsapp : Tim (97430734)

Comment

Upz! Still Available!!

SG$80/-nett!!

- with x4 Emax servos
                - Prop (APC 10x3.8SF) and Prop Adapter included
                - Turnigy Plush 18A ESC included

** Not inlcuded **
                - Rx
                - Lipo

Collection at my place in Pasir Ris. You are obliged to view before confirmation. Feel free to ask any questions if needed. Thanks...SMS/whatsapp : Tim (97430734)

Comment

Still Available!!

SG$80/-nett!!

- with x4 servos
                  - Prop (APC 10x3.8SF) and Prop Adapter included
                  - Turnigy Plush 18A ESC included

** Not inlcuded **
                  - Rx
                  - Lipo

Comment

SOLD-Thread Closed

Package has been SOLD.

Thanks to a new RC flying friend and nice gentleman. Thank you Bro!

Thanks to all other inquiries and moderators. Thread can be closed/deleted. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X