Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy Water Based Polyurethane (WBPU) in Singapore?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy Water Based Polyurethane (WBPU) in Singapore?

Does anyone know where to get a good Water Based Polyurethane (WBPU) here in Singapore? I have tried searching online to no avail. I even called up ArtFriend to find that they do not carry WBPU.

I am intending to get WBPU for fiber-glassing and as a finishing glossy coat for some projects. Read on RCG and found a lot of good remarks on Cabot?s WBPU (pic enclosed) but unfortunately cannot find any retailers here in Singapore.

Anyone have any idea where to get em?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files
    Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

ive been looking for this too bro... but cant find.

so i use alternative. not exactly wbpu. but its waterbased resin for glassing.

deluxe eze kote. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP05qv3QtUk

can glass but won't shine. maybe, just maybe, once it sets, u can use normal laquer to have the glossy finish. no guarantee, but no harm trying. good product, jus that price is on a high side. abt $24 per bottle at shs

if you manage to find wbpu, pls share..

thrs a glassing thread in DH, where thrs a guy who used a wood parquet polisher (sumthg lidat) very common household brand tat can be found at supermarket. its WBPU. but i forgot the brand.

or, take a look ard at bras basah complex. thrs another guy who managed to find some WBPU. not at art friends. but anothr shop across it i thk. same building..

its somewhere there bro.. jus that need to find. unlike dope which i thk has gone extinct. haha

Comment

where to buy

can get it at the art friend either in orchard

Comment

@ eekin: I was unable to find too. Homefix has polyurethane but only available in solvent based. Artfriend on the other hand, does not even have polyurethane at all. I will check w some local woodcraft stores else try travelling up north to see if they have.

@aeromodelling: do u mean can or can't?
        Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

I got my WBPU from D.I.Y shop at their paint dept. Not the same brand but works just as well.

Look for the low volatility indications and they should be safe for use on foam (test on scrap first)
          Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

uncle ghostfit what's the brand ah?

is it those that come in metal tins and cost about 20 dollar??
            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
              I got my WBPU from D.I.Y shop at their paint dept. Not the same brand but works just as well.

Look for the low volatility indications and they should be safe for use on foam (test on scrap first)
              Hi Ghostfit, may I ask which DIY shop you got it from and the brand you used? WBPU seems to be a very rare item in Singapore; the solvent based ones are much easier to find.

Anyway, thanks to my wonderful girlfriend (who is quite skilled in sourcing), I managed to find a distributor for Cabot's WBPU. Still awaiting indicative price. Will advise when it is available and see if you guys want to consolidate orders. Shipment expected to arrive only end of Oct though.

Cheers,
              John

Comment

Opps ! ...Apologies guys for not noticing the replies to my post.

Okay, will go home tonite and take a few photos for your benefit

Comment

uncle...can we have the picture please
                  "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

I think that old man got dementia.....

Oh Tony....

Comment

Its been a while since I last checked in on this forum.

I have used Ronseal DiamondHard Varnish (Clear) for fiberglassing. I can't exactly recall but I may even have even shown it being used on some of my build postings on this forum. Its waterbased poly. Very tough and provides moderate UV protection. Got it from the DIY shop at Vivocity (opposite Giant checkout. This was some years ago and I am not sure if they still stock it. Ronseal stuff is very confusing as they also have many different types of varnish and many are mineral based. If it says on the can to wash up using water, its the water based stuff. Hope this is of some help.
                      To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post
                        Its been a while since I last checked in on this forum.

I have used Ronseal DiamondHard Varnish (Clear) for fiberglassing. I can't exactly recall but I may even have even shown it being used on some of my build postings on this forum. Its waterbased poly. Very tough and provides moderate UV protection. Got it from the DIY shop at Vivocity (opposite Giant checkout. This was some years ago and I am not sure if they still stock it. Ronseal stuff is very confusing as they also have many different types of varnish and many are mineral based. If it says on the can to wash up using water, its the water based stuff. Hope this is of some help.

Called the DIY shop a few days back, they only have the 250ml in stock. If I'm not wrong it costs around 20-30 plus. Kinda expensive if you ask me. There is another one called Professional binder manufactured by Global Colours, it comes in 1L and another smaller size. I bought the 1L one and If I remember correctly, I paid $30 plus for it. But that was during some sale, not sure whether their sales is still on-going. Otherwise price will be $51 plus. You can find this at Sagacity. They are no longer at Brash Basah though, you will need to do a google search. Hope this helps.

Comment

I can't recall how much I paid for the DiamondHard but do remember that it was quite expensive. All the DIY shops in Singapore charge similarly high prices for such stuff. Reason why I have stopped using the stuff.
                          To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Try see if car paint shops are willing to sell. Good brands are Dupont and PPG. They have poly and water based so you have to ask around too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                              uncle...can we have the picture please
                              Originally posted by yongsinchee View Post
                              I think that old man got dementia.....

Oh Tony....
                              Harn nah ! harn nah ! ...here's the picts lah ! ...what a tough crowd !

Don't know which is more scary, ...dementia or the thought that you're stalking me !

Note where it says brushes washes out with water.

Comment

Working...
                              X