Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of the Mini Salto

I bought my now defunct Mini Salto from ICARE RC, probably about 7 years or more ago. After serving me so many years of swooping, bashing and tearing up the sky with Johnnie's Super Hits for so many years, it finally smashed up the wings some 2 years ago.

I started rebuilding the wings then, not wanting to give up on this wonder model, but it was shelved shortly after that. I was planning to build a handy size scale aerobatic glider for this coming Phuket trip, but seriously ran short of time. As such I started refurbishing my mini Salto just a last week.

Practically, only the fuselage and servos are recycled. Everything else are all new. I modified the wing joiner this time which should be stronger than the original. The fuselage is repaired, sanded and repainted. Thanks to Dennis, it also got a new set of decals and I have since applied a coat of polyurethane lacquer over the paintwork and decals.

Today, I'd just finished up rigging the balancing the model today. The model now weighs at around 507grammes and is now ready for Phuket.

I can't really wait to see it fly again and if Windguru's prediction is right about the wind next week, I'll be having a ball with this slope rat.

Attached Files

Great craftsmanship Joe Looks like it just came out fresh from the factory.

Have fun in Phuket
    Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X