Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never fly without the canopy or total write-off:)

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never fly without the canopy or total write-off:)

Pictures speak a thousand words. Was doing a stalled piro when I lost orientation + dumb thumb. Prob not enuff time on the sim. Prob Providence telling me to move on to an E-Aurora. As the entire bird sunk into the mudpool, there was NO WAY in hell I would put it into the car. So I gave it to an bangalah who was nearby and witnessed the whole incident. I told him to enjoy what's left of it. I could tell he was pretty delighted. Total cost over one k but the thought of having to restore it just isn't my cup of tea nowadays.

Enjoy the carnage
    Attached Files
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

I don't think it will be of any use to the bangala but lots of use for any heli flyer here . Many of the electronic parts are still usable , just have to wipe it clean and maybe at least $500 of the parts are still usable man . Bro you could just throw the entire thing into a plastic bag then lelong here . I'm sure you can get back maybe half of the total cost .

Comment

I always bring along a few trash bags with me when I go flying. I find it very useful.
      Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

Nah, maybe it's just me but learning from experience, dun think the electronics were safe to use anymore.
        Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

At least it wasn't salt water... It's possible, maybe, to save the electronics by quickly dumping the whole lot into fresh water. Then quickly bring home, final rinse and blow-dry the electronics. Has to be done quickly to prevent corrosion from setting in.

But as you said, it's a whole lot of effort.
          ------------------------------
          Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
          NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
            At least it wasn't salt water... It's possible, maybe, to save the electronics by quickly dumping the whole lot into fresh water. Then quickly bring home, final rinse and blow-dry the electronics. Has to be done quickly to prevent corrosion from setting in.

But as you said, it's a whole lot of effort.
            Furthermore my car boot is used primarily to store baby's stroller n baby seat so anything dirty is a big NO-NO. anyway, at least I made someone happy twice, the bangalah saw the crash n got a 'gift' on me. And I get to buy a new bird, how's that a big thing? Somehow my 6hv was kinda an accident waiting to happen. It feels like a stretched 550 bird, v powerful but just not suited for my kind of flying. Of course the only word i uttered was the F word but I m. Sure if this was my fave rexy, I would hv been really sad.
            Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Sorry to see the wreckage. Crashing is just part of the hobby.

I crashed countless times. The worse case was similar to yours. Crashed my Trex 500 into the mud at BBAFC.

Lipo caught fire. I waited until fire died down before can pick up the heli. Lesson learnt here was immediate unplug battery.

If I did this, would have avoided the fire.

I use heli bag, so stuff all wreckage and bought home.

I took every bits out and cleaned. Change all frame screws. I think it takes more time than building one new.

My 80A Hobbywing ESC is gone, but motor, and servos are all ok. I do need to change all gears in my cyclic servos.

Now it flies as good as before the crash.

In another case, I lost my 450 at the brushes. Only found it 3 weeks later. Reason I found it was very bizarre. I crashed my 500. Before I found it, I found this first.

Just one servo died, after 3 weeks of rain and sun. Stainless parts don't rust. I just need to change few parts.

As bad as it looks on your photos, actually, it's quite repairable.

Anyway, may be good to shop for another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffy View Post
                Sorry to see the wreckage. Crashing is just part of the hobby.

I crashed countless times. The worse case was similar to yours. Crashed my Trex 500 into the mud at BBAFC.

Lipo caught fire. I waited until fire died down before can pick up the heli. Lesson learnt here was immediate unplug battery.

If I did this, would have avoided the fire.

I use heli bag, so stuff all wreckage and bought home.

I took every bits out and cleaned. Change all frame screws. I think it takes more time than building one new.

My 80A Hobbywing ESC is gone, but motor, and servos are all ok. I do need to change all gears in my cyclic servos.

Now it flies as good as before the crash.

In another case, I lost my 450 at the brushes. Only found it 3 weeks later. Reason I found it was very bizarre. I crashed my 500. Before I found it, I found this first.

Just one servo died, after 3 weeks of rain and sun. Stainless parts don't rust. I just need to change few parts.

As bad as it looks on your photos, actually, it's quite repairable.

Anyway, may be good to shop for another one.
                Duffy,kudos for yr patience. I think to revive the 6hv, 4 new servos but NO MORE Hyperion. New motor, esc n bec. The gyro was destroyed too. Think frame was still usable. Well, no point looking back. As u mentioned, time taken for rebuild could potentially be longer n tedious than a new one. That in itself was sufficient to bin the bird.
                Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Yeah.. No pain no gain.. Reviving a model can be very frustrating, especially when you mention that it actually hit a mud pool

But.. IMO. It would have been better for you to pass it on to a hobbyist who knows how to handle these stuff, or just tear it apart and throw it away in the bin, because passing it to a bangalah who know nuts about these stuff.. This guy may just clean and dry it, and who knows, it may just come alive!! and this guy will not know what to expect and what's coming, and don't be surprise to see them start taping up loose ends with masking tapes and try to revive the model

Comment

More than a year has passed since the 6hv crashed. I am now itching for the next compass 6hv ULTIMATE. I simply love this version. Anyone with me on this?

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=495126
                    Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

The 6HV ULTIMATE video...enjoy.

Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Had it been a Goblin this would not happen. §orry to see
                        This bro . In any case wasn't as bad as mine. Was doing
                        A fast forward flip on my Gob 630, main gear let go, blades
                        Folded, heli went crashing into a pond. Totalled my electronics, including a brand new heli jive.

Comment

Originally posted by jaffrie View Post
                          had it been a goblin this would not happen. §orry to see
                          this bro . In any case wasn't as bad as mine. Was doing
                          a fast forward flip on my gob 630, main gear let go, blades
                          folded, heli went crashing into a pond. Totalled my electronics, including a brand new heli jive.
                          ouch!!!
                          Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Bro Jaffrie, not to be a doubting thomas but how on earth did the gobby's main gear 'let go'? I can comprehend the blade fold but certainly not the main gear unless the owb gt jammed or sumtin. Now u gt me worried cos I'm thinking of setting up my 630 for maiden on x'mas eve.
                            Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

OMG... eat mud. So sorry to hear that. Agree. No pain no gain.