Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UH-1M Heli being reborn again (450 size)

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UH-1M Heli being reborn again (450 size)

My UH-1M (450 size) is back!!
    After the last major crash, it left rotten in the hanger for so long, I decided to rebuild it again...and here is it. It has different internal mechanical and electronics this time.

Just came back from maiden flight and it is perform perfectly

Too bad no one taking any video for it.

Attached Files

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
    After the last major crash, it left rotten in the hanger for so long, I decided to rebuild it again...and here is it. It has different internal mechanical and electronics this time.

Very nice Bro! Dont know when mine can be up
    Kill them all, let hell sort them out

Comment

uh-1 M

Bro,nice heli men! and sure u fly it beautifully.......btw wats the white tape at the top?

Comment

Thanks thanks!

White tape?
        U mean the white strip on the roof?
        If yes, that is just a painting design... followed one of the real UH-1C that flown during Vietnam war

SH

Comment

Very nice, Make me drool on it....

Comment

Originally posted by hagenuk View Post
            Very nice, Make me drool on it....
            Don't drool...quickly build your Seahawk and apache and we all drool about it

SH

Comment

BTW, here are 2 photo of a real UH-1M.
              Notice that its rotor blades are very wide chord and it is without stabilizer bar?
              Also notice that the tail rotor blades spin downward as well?

Comment

"ScorpionM2" asked me about how do I route/change the tail rotor control for my UH-1M.

Here is the picture. I didn't take any picture showing the servo to tail slider control because it required to open up the UH-1M. Maybe on the next maintenance, I try to take some picture of it.

What I did is to move the tail slider "L" linkage from top to the bottom and then use some spacer to create some gap for the "L" linkage to move.

From tail servo to tail slider, it is controlled by a pushrod (can get it from TT AH-1W or make your own using carbon rod). There is a "L" linkage at the rear that link the tail pushrod to the elevated "L" linkage. (not visible in the photo. It is inside the frame)

SH

Comment

Thanks Bro, a picture tells a thousand word, good enough for me to experiment. Just got to find the time Cheers!
                  Kill them all, let hell sort them out

Comment

Here is a test video I took this morning at Yishun Northbrook. I use a tiny MiniDV camera (Bought from Sim Lim Square) and I strap it onto my forehead using velcro why flying it

Sorry for the poor video quality and tilted some more. Next time try to take a better one ;)

UH-1M (450Size) R/C Scale.Sorry for poor, tilted video. Was testing a tiny camera strapped onto forehead while flying it.

Comment

Hi ScorpionM2

Here are the UH-1M internal structure. Was doing some rerouting the avionics cabling and cut off the MT's frontal, unnecessary part and manage to snap some pictures for u.

Comment

And here are the pilot, left sniper and right SAW gunner

Comment

truly beautiful

just wondering, it's FBL rite?
                          Heli-ADDICTION:
                          Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                          JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Thanks!

Yup! Flybarless 2 blades

Comment

slow motion make the flying more realistic, your camera can adjust recording speed? or the play back speed?

Comment

Working...
                              X