X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This link might give us some idea.

More emphasis on the size of the plane.

Comment

well I would say Paramotor , a parachute with motor on it .easy to keep and set up.n nice to see it float around.
      tks michael

Comment

its the funjet ultra for me, Im onto my 3rd kit. With a masterair screw 5.5x4.5, 4S, 60A, 3400kv motor, it slices the air like a chainsaw.

While it doesnt have the finesse of composite, but it's one of a kind.

Comment

Originally posted by eKLAIRE View Post
          Was loving my HobbyKing FMS Mini F4U for sometime until I have my scratch-built eagle. THe RC Eagle for now is my favorite.
          I would say both are awesome park flyers. I fly my RC Eagle when I am looking for FUN and fly my Corsair if I need some thrill.... See both planes vid here:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vesXuEOD9XY
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPlOOakc9KA
          Very nice!

Originally posted by pandagold View Post
          My personal favorite would be parkzone Champ .

relex flyer and fun trying to get it to fly inverted
          I love my Champ too when I am tired and just want to glide around. I have yet to get it to go inverted though!

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
          hi guys, although ive been flying random stuff for the past few years...

can someone define the term "park flyer"? i keep reading about these things, but generally anything which can fly in a park is considered a park flyer?
          But the term "park" would be US standards right... i mean, singapore's parks are like 1/4 the size of US ><

so what exactly is a park flyer?
          To me it is anything you can fly in a park, but that definition below is pretty solid too.

Originally posted by ebpwu View Post
          This link might give us some idea.

More emphasis on the size of the plane.
          Thank you for posting that information for us.

Originally posted by singfah163 View Post
          well I would say Paramotor , a parachute with motor on it .easy to keep and set up.n nice to see it float around.
          tks michael
          I am not familiar, but that sounds like a lot of fun! Any video you can post of it?

Originally posted by remauled View Post
          its the funjet ultra for me, Im onto my 3rd kit. With a masterair screw 5.5x4.5, 4S, 60A, 3400kv motor, it slices the air like a chainsaw.

While it doesnt have the finesse of composite, but it's one of a kind.
          Do you have any video of it? I am curious about that plane since I have heard so much about it.

Comment

It's easy to go inverted , but it's hang time is only about 1-5 sec ( due to no aileron control ) . Do a barrel roll, and at the peak of the roll , counter elevator from lift to dive, for that 1-5 sec inverted flight .

Being only 3 channel , I've tried using my rudder as aileron, but it's a fine balance with throttle as well

Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
            Very nice!

I love my Champ too when I am tired and just want to glide around. I have yet to get it to go inverted though!

Comment

what I would guess is that park flyer was the name of those smaller electric airplanes that could fly comfortably in a football / baseball field.

originally everything was gas/nitro and thus big, I guess.

So with the electric revolution (good on ya, multiplex and GWS!), planes started getting smaller and lighter.

So AMA apparently has some ruling for a parkflyer, otherwise we'll have 800 watt funjets chainsawing all over the place.

My favourite parkflyer was a GWS pico tiger moth. Running with a geared 12mm brushed motor, you could catch up with it at a jogging pace.

added dental floss as cables.

here is a similar thread.

"Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                what I would guess is that park flyer was the name of those smaller electric airplanes that could fly comfortably in a football / baseball field.

originally everything was gas/nitro and thus big, I guess.

So with the electric revolution (good on ya, multiplex and GWS!), planes started getting smaller and lighter.

So AMA apparently has some ruling for a parkflyer, otherwise we'll have 800 watt funjets chainsawing all over the place.

My favourite parkflyer was a GWS pico tiger moth. Running with a geared 12mm brushed motor, you could catch up with it at a jogging pace.

added dental floss as cables.

here is a similar thread.

http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11614
                Good points!

I saw this plane recently at the flying field and was quite impressed with how it flies, including its wind handling:

Comment

This is my latest Wildcat video and it remains my overall favorite of my parkfliers:

I just got an FW-190, so that one might challenge the Wildcat for the top spot, but we shall see!

GB

Comment

This is footage I have for my new FW-190! I put together both an unboxing, maiden flight, and review video for those considering getting it and a video with just the maiden flight for those that just like to see planes fly.

Here are my review notes for this plane:

Cons:
                    - Elevator needs more throws; low rates did not provide enough elevator throw
                    - Rudder and steerable tail-wheel out of sync
                    - Not available in Plug and Play option

Pros:
                    - Lands well in grass
                    - Amazing detail and paint finish
                    - Rolls well on low rates
                    - Loops well on high rates
                    - It flies like a combination of the T-28 and Wildcat.

GB

Comment

Good video. Would have been amazing if you had done some low passes or flybys. Always great to see a warbird in action. How much is when ready to fly? Next would be some retracts.
                      Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                      Having fun yet?
                      36.39mhz
                      40.77mhz

Comment

Love the prop spinner! Gives it a really cool look to the plane !

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0975-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	978265 This was my favourite.

Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                          Having fun yet?
                          36.39mhz
                          40.77mhz

Comment

Originally posted by plug&fly View Post
                            Good video. Would have been amazing if you had done some low passes or flybys. Always great to see a warbird in action. How much is when ready to fly? Next would be some retracts.
                            Thank you! I agree and this video here has some better low passes as I was less out of control. I overtrimmed the elevator up mechanically, so I needed to dumb that down on the next flight. It worked really well too! I actually just ordered the bomb drop, but the retracts may be in the not too distant future lol

Originally posted by ebpwu View Post
                            Love the prop spinner! Gives it a really cool look to the plane !
                            Thank you and I do too! If I am being honest, that is the part about the plane that made me purchase it lol

Originally posted by plug&fly View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]131756[/ATTACH] This was my favourite.
                            That is a cool looking plane!

Comment

Yes, just like the swirls on a jet engine cone!

Comment

Sorry here's the right link.

Comment

Working...
                                X