Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SecurityCamera2000 600TVL PZ0420H - Review

Hello Everyone!

And now for another review on my crazy setups. Recently, due to the penguin, i had lost my Boscam Cobra HD recording camera which was a huge bummer. So i went out and sourced for something smaller and less troublesome compared to what i had owned. Also i just made a quad, so i had the option to purchase 2 units (100USD, 50USD/Piece due to my option for a different lens)

**im sure alot of other people have had better cameras than me on their FPV A/C, but i won't risk destroying my GOPRO**

Now enough with the words, and on with the pictures, specs and random notes.

Some notes:
    -SHIPPING IS FREE!!! but it took a couple of weeks to arrive.
    -Customer service is super responsive to emails.
    -updates on status sent to email (as per all reputable companies)
    -Choose between 2.1mm, 2.8mm and 3.6mm lens, i took the 2.1mm lens (at an added cost)
    -I do not work for, nor am i sponsored by securitycam, im doing this so that people know whats going on in fpv.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PZ0420H.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	997066

Now, on with the actual review after the product intro!

First look and unboxing

The product really comes in a nice box (i guess pictures are self explanatory) :

Name:	20140125_173437.jpg
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	977810

Name:	20140125_173459.jpg
Size:	451.6 KB
ID:	977811

Well, atleast someone bothered to paste a sticker here... Im not too sure if they actually checked though

Name:	20140125_173512.jpg
Size:	371.1 KB
ID:	977812

And the box is opened:

Name:	20140125_173813.jpg
Size:	352.2 KB
ID:	977813

Everything as advertised was in the box, DO NOT THROW ANYTHING AWAY! everything is useful at some point in time =)

The measurements of the camera:

Name:	20140125_174000.jpg
Size:	277.7 KB
ID:	977814

The camera is basically a square... so this measurement would be for the length and width

Name:	20140125_174022.jpg
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	977815

Impressions and comments on the box and contents:
    -WOW. I honestly didnt expect it to come this nicely packaged.
    -Quality of the items seem wonderful!
    -seems pretty plug-and-fly.

Comment

Mounting and stuff

AND this is how i mounted it, up front, on a foam double sided tape, via a HK L-size pan and tilt (only using the tilt feature)
      Please do note that you have to drill and cut the pan and tilt mount abit as the connectors behind the camera DO NOT align at all to the mount.

Name:	20140125_174253.jpg
Size:	423.6 KB
ID:	977816

Pretty good, the thing has a digital manual accessible via the given controller.

Name:	20140125_173905.jpg
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	977817

Name:	20140125_174639.jpg
Size:	408.7 KB
ID:	977818

Comment

display and visual comments and conclusion

So, how does this camera look like after all of that?
        *for reference, i am using a 8" non-blue screen LCD which can be purchased from skyhobbies!

part of my room:

Name:	20140125_174746.jpg
Size:	375.6 KB
ID:	977819

Pointed out as of 6:15pm, cloudy day (well i guess the cat is out as to where i stay):

Name:	20140125_174840.jpg
Size:	303.4 KB
ID:	977820

Honestly, it looks alot better in real life, imagine trying to hold a cameraphone and a quad at the same time... the remainder of the review, and what nots, i think should be directed to the securitycam team =)

Additional notes:

FPV system:

Name:	20140125_174856.jpg
Size:	381.4 KB
ID:	977821

How much the camera is tilted:

Name:	20140125_174924.jpg
Size:	394.8 KB
ID:	977822

Name:	20140125_174930.jpg
Size:	448.8 KB
ID:	977823

Conclusion

Would i recommend this?
        Plug and fly camera? why not? but please know what you're doing before handling the camera... for example, the camera needs a 12V input(3s lipo), no more and no less to operate. And other than reading this review, please do some research before making the buy! wiring is a major issue, you don't wanna double voltage your stuff like i did

Im sure you all have your own camera that you'd like to justify being better than this... but as i said, this is my opinion

For plane or Quad
        Both. Remember i got 2 cameras? the one in this review is for my penguin and the other one is already on my quad.

5.8, 1.2 or 2.4 for video transmission?
        5.8. Keep legit and don't kill the landing metals with 1.2!

Cheers! and happy flying to all!
        (happy new year! 2014!!!)

Comment

I ordered this at USD26 with free shipping. This is a very good and impressive camera. I had replaced the lens with 2.8mm.

Comment

Anyone knows where to get the spare micro JST to plug into the camera? Wires running out are VCC-Red/Video-White or Yellow/Ground-Black.

Also bro Nicholas: Care to share your user manual? Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Verossa View Post
              Anyone knows where to get the spare micro JST to plug into the camera? Wires running out are VCC-Red/Video-White or Yellow/Ground-Black.

Also bro Nicholas: Care to share your user manual? Thanks!!!
              Hi Verossa,

The Manual is pretty crappy (or next to non existant), i just matched the cable plugs/wire colours with the available ports/VTX wiring. It wasen't rocket science, but it worked!
              Maybe you could tell me exactly what you're trying to find by looking for the manual? Maybe some camera settings?

For micro JST, you could try: Jet Hobby(payalebar), Rotor Hobby(near outram MRT), Sky hobbies(Near Lavander MRT), SHS (or any shop at fookhai near Chinatown MRT)
              while there you could also grab some accessories and stuff if you need'em.

And if you're willing to wait... you could always go for HC or DealExtreme. Theres an extremely long wait though.
              Ive bought from these sources before, they are all legit.

Cheers!
              Nicholas

Comment

Sony cam

Hey Bro Nicholas!

Thanks for info!

Basically i looking for info to plug my wires in to the board. I worry i will fry the cam with wrong input of VCC.

Can you share your plug head with a pic showing which one goes where: VCC/Video/Gn or Video/Vcc/Gn or GN/Vcc/Video??

I tried looking for the micro JST (white colour one) to plug in the cam at JH but they dun sell. Maybe have to try SimLim tower...

Thanks!!!

Comment

Name:	20140217_200600.jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	977966

Hi Verossa, i think you're looking for this picture?

You could try mentioning that you're looking for a FPV video cable or something... i normally try not to lose that part haha!

Cheers!
                  Nicholas

Comment

Have you tried the D-zoom? i'm curious :P
                    Be proud, but never satisfied
                    [url=https://yabbly.com/]product app[/url]

Comment

Working...
                    X