This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sharfin,

If I am correct, you should bind your Satellite in your spektrum receiver first before transferring the Satellite to the G31.
    The bind plug should be plugged onto your spektrum receiver during the binding process... as follows in your Spektrum operating manual.

Hope this helps:wink5:

Cheers

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
    200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
    2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
    Tel : +65 6293 3968
    Official You Tube Channel
    FACEBOOK :

Comment

Pitch not zero at neutral

Hi guys

I'm getting PitchNotZeroAtNeutral error when adjusting LeftNeutral CenterNeutral and RightNeutral.
      See attached picture.

I actually get 0 deg pitch on one side of the heli. But when i swing my blade over to the other side of the heli, I get 8 deg pitch! This is on the same blade.
      What should I be adjusting?

My servo arms are as 90 deg as I could get them, and my swash looks rather level (no swash leveling tool).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	972377

Comment

Not sure at this juncture of your description... can you take a photo of both your blade grips and arm link on both sides? I wish to check for both your main blade armlink alignments to be absolute sure. Thanks

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
        200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
        FACEBOOK :

Comment

Hi Derrick
          downloaded latest firmware but am stuck. Unable to update the G31. establish connection message new firmware available
          confirm yes to update but nothing is happening. For the moment I guess the G31 is empty inside original program erased.
          So what's the next step to rectify ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffrie View Post
            Hi Derrick
            downloaded latest firmware but am stuck. Unable to update the G31. establish connection message new firmware available
            confirm yes to update but nothing is happening. For the moment I guess the G31 is empty inside original program erased.
            So what's the next step to rectify ?
            Not to worry, the original firmware is still inside.

Follow this steps:
            1) Before plugging in your USB, press and hold the "NEXT" button
            2) Now plug in your USB while pressing the "NEXT" Button
            3) Release the "NEXT" Button after plugging in the USB
            4) Proceed as normal to update your firmware.

Hope this helps :wink5:

Note: The thing you downloaded may be the software, not the firmware.
            Firmware is updated online with your internet connection on

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
            FACEBOOK :

Comment

Hey Derick,

Thanks updated the firmware, next how to set up the govenor ?

Comment

Instructions are written on the welcome screen of Robird software, SensorDivide means the number of motor poles divided by 2.
                POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL!!!

Comment

Aaah thanks Phantom.

Comment

New stocks arrived...

Name:	G31-New-Package.jpg
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	972499

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                    FACEBOOK :

Comment

Name:	524979_464289686944914_1345246532_n.jpg
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	972503

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                      FACEBOOK :

Comment

First post for me - I already have one of these on my Protos (plus some ZYX and Beastx on other helis) - I like this FBL unit so much that I bought another for my night flying 450 that I am building up .

My latest G31 came with the RPM sensor so I am going to set it up with the Governor later - however I will start off with curves to keep it simple.

One question that I do have - has anyone used the remote AIL and ELE gains yet - if so what is a sensible setting to start with - the pots don't have a scale on them so I don't know if 1 click past 12 o'clock is (for example) 1 or 10, does the scale go from -100 to + 100 or 1 to 10 etc.. I'd love to know what a good starting point is ...

Cheers,
                        Mike

Comment

Mike J

Hi MikeJ,
                          For the Gain Dials, if youre not using remote channel gains-disabled. Turning All the way to the left anticlockwise is low gain, to the right clockwise is high gain.
                          My starting point was about 10PM. A nice Robird Rep from SkyHobbies bumped Air/Ele gains both up to about 2pm to the clockwise right and still flies great after many flights no more adjustments done.
                          Servos are cool @ 6V regulated.

Theres an english manual available here too if it helps.
                          Im a lousy flier. ☠

Comment

G31 setup

Originally posted by SKYHOBBIES View Post
                            1) Align DS410 cyclic servos 1.5ms@250Hz
                            2) K31 - DS215MG servo 1.5ms@333Hz
                            3) Castle Creation Phoenix 25 ESC Analog , 1.5ms@250Hz

Pitch and throttle curves should be linear throughout your setup and adjust to your liking after your first maiden, after which you need to adjust your own preferred values for Normal, ST1 and ST2 throttle curves.

Pitch Curves should be linear throughout your initial setup after which apply your own Normal curves and Idle-Up curves.

Just like you did for your usual Flybar stuffs...

Cheers
                            May I please request the G31 settings for the following servos and ESC:

- Turnigy 1257TG Digital Titanium Gear Servo 57g/10.5kg/.09sec (swash servo)
                            - Turnigy 1209HP ultra-Fast Coreless Digital Servo 50g/5kg/0.05 (tail servo)
                            - Turnigy Super Brain 80A Brushless ESC

Can not find values required for G31 in specifications for these items. Perhaps a brief explanation on how these are derived can help. Would appreciate it.

Also have a problem with G31 getting stuck with solid red light at 1, blue status does not light up. Is this because TX in rate and not HH (as seen on previous posts)?

Thanks in anticipation

Comment

Originally posted by deonjams View Post
                              May I please request the G31 settings for the following servos and ESC:

- Turnigy 1257TG Digital Titanium Gear Servo 57g/10.5kg/.09sec (swash servo)
                              - Turnigy 1209HP ultra-Fast Coreless Digital Servo 50g/5kg/0.05 (tail servo)
                              - Turnigy Super Brain 80A Brushless ESC

Can not find values required for G31 in specifications for these items. Perhaps a brief explanation on how these are derived can help. Would appreciate it.

Also have a problem with G31 getting stuck with solid red light at 1, blue status does not light up. Is this because TX in rate and not HH (as seen on previous posts)?

Thanks in anticipation

Yes HH start with 60% on your TX and work your way through.
                              For the servo sorry only HK has the specs you may need to write them.
                              Usually 250hz is the safest bet for digitals. 333hz use only when the servo specified to be 333hz... otherwise servo will run very hot if you use 333 if in case it is not.

Best regards

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                              FACEBOOK :

Comment

Hi I have a few question for the Robird.

In the beginning ...
                                being new to everything heli, Robird and FBL setup, I learnt some here from webpage, some from Youtube, so I did not fully understand FBL, Robird and its instruction, thus did not really follow the steps to setup the heli.
                                So I adjusted the elev , pitch and tail servo's EXPO to -40 to -50 on my JR ( less sensitive at neutral ) and find it very easy to hover and take off, or at least to my liking and skill level, and hover for 2 packs zero incident, touch wood !
                                I did not change anything from the Performance page of the Robird software. I believe it was still at SPORTS mode. ( option : SPORTS or 3D mode )
                                I basically just eyeball everything and trim via transmitter.

When I start to understand more about the Robird and decided to RE-setup the heli all over again.
                                This time, I managed to correct my mistakes on the swash , Collpitch, max, min pitch, 8 degree step. All the steps are OK...
                                In the beginning, I left all the software setting at default, except the servo type and norm / reverse.

Then I decided to follow strictly and leave all my TX at default linear throttle curve and pitch curve. EXPO to 0%.
                                Then at Performance page, I checked the EXPO all to -40.

I get lots of fluttering when spool up. The tail vibrated quite badly at certain rpm below headspeed and the sticks seems too sensitive as if there were no EXPO on the servos.
                                Now I a little afraid to lift the heli in the air because the heli would pitch and roll very significantly. It never felt like this in the beginning which had my setup anyhow anyhow do ... maybe I was lucky I hit the sweet spot LOLX

So now I plug in the USB, got to the performance page, and I start putting EXPO to -40 for both swash and tail servos.
                                Then I put :
                                both EXPO -40%.
                                EleAgility / AilAgility = 1100
                                EleRate / AilRate = 18

Question :
                                What happens when I need to do subtrim to correct drifts to the left or right, front or back, when the collective is centered.
                                Do I go to the Robird software to trim or I can use my JR to trim ?
                                Or those clickable buttons on the transmitter face , or go to Sub-Trim menu to make the correction ?
                                note : My JR XG7 clickable trim buttons does not affect the Sub-trim in the menu. Both are independant. Well.. as far as I know...

What about EXPO ?
                                If say I do not wish to bring my million dollar Laptop to the field to plug my USB and wish to adjust the sensitivity of the sticks, can I use my transmitter EXPO function to trim down / up instead of going to the Robird Performance page to edit ?

Oh yes, one more issue I need to bring up, is Robird inside has 2 metal washers glued together and stuck to the bottom of the cover's bottom half.
                                However mine got loosen and it had a rattling sound. I opened it up and the metal washers were loosen and running like monkeys inside.
                                I removed it all together.
                                I think this "stupid" washer is there to weigh the device down so it is not top heavy. Good idea. But cheap way of doing things.
                                Any reason why Robird wants to do that ?

Name:	Robird washer.jpg
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	976502

Cheers !

This is my first FBL and first gyro and I am amazed with Robird G31 performance so far. One great product !

Last edited by blueangel; 26-11-2013, 11:39 PM. Reason: Re-edit for correct info / simplicity
                                I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Working...
                                X