Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(wtb) mr. Jig soldering tool!!!****urgent***

hi,

i am looking for Mr jig a soldering bullet/connectors clamp.

if u have a spare one to sell me please pm me the following details

1.model/name of it

2.condition of it ?/10

3. price of it $$$?

thanks,

delta

You can make your own jig for soldering easily, if you're in a hurry to do it. Works better than these custom-made solutions too, I think.

Just get a small pair of pliers, and tension the handles with rubber band. The jaws of the pliers can then clamp on to your components for soldering, you can position it as you like, and the weight of the pliers will keep them stable (or you can stack weight on the pliers).
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

hahaha. I also used the pliers with rubber band. works well enough

Comment

I use "The third hand".
        Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Thx for your ideas but I need a hassle free tool which is able to last for for many usess if u have one pm me thank you.

Comment

I don't understand the concept of the Mr. Jig, it looks like it's made entirely of metal.

What's the issue? The entire jig will act as a huge heat sink, when you slot in the bullets and heat them up with the soldering iron all the heat is going to be absorbed by the jig instead. Then you get weak solder joints. Cold ones.

I use $2 wooden blocks from daiso Plaza Sing. Comes in a pack of 4, 1" x 1" (square cross section) x 5" (length). Drill any size holes you want through it. Quite durable too and doesn't zap heat away since it's wood.

I abuse mine since I use a mini butane torch for soldering bullets and get perfect joints everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by yhchoong View Post
              I don't understand the concept of the Mr. Jig, it looks like it's made entirely of metal.

What's the issue? The entire jig will act as a huge heat sink, when you slot in the bullets and heat them up with the soldering iron all the heat is going to be absorbed by the jig instead. Then you get weak solder joints. Cold ones.

I use $2 wooden blocks from daiso Plaza Sing. Comes in a pack of 4, 1" x 1" (square cross section) x 5" (length). Drill any size holes you want through it. Quite durable too and doesn't zap heat away since it's wood.

I abuse mine since I use a mini butane torch for soldering bullets and get perfect joints everytime.
              in that case it will be great i,f u can make one and sell it to me!

Comment

Helping Hand

It's easily available in Sim Lim Tower or electronic stores.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cables38.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	972404

It think this is way better than Mr. Jig. Cheap, easy to use and can easily be positioned espeacially in akward positions.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

I use exactly the same concept. I also had the grip arm from sim lim tower :P. The grip is handy.

Comment

How much is the helping hand? Any specific shop name??

Comment

10 bucks, there are many shop in B1 have it, but there is a new type which the "hand" is flexible make it easier to adjust to the right position.
                      Plane:
                      - UM Sparrowhawk
                      - UM J-3 V.3
                      - UM PT-19
                      - UM Spacewalker
                      - UM Porter
                      - UM Extra-300

Comment

Are they opened on Sunday's ?

Comment

For helping hand, get the one from Ask Electronics or something like that. $5 with lighted magnifying glass, cheaper than the non lighted ones from other stores lol. Runs on 3 x AAA batteries.

The rim of the lighted magnifying glass is plastic instead of metal unlike the others though. Doesn't affect anything.

Some shops open on Sundays but are closed by early noon, most don't even open at all. Go on Saturday if it needs to be a weekend, be there before 5 pm to give yourself some time to shop, stores start closing around 6-6.30 pm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Helping Hand.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	972429

Comment

For helping hand, get the one from Ask Electronics or something like that. $5 with lighted magnifying glass, cheaper than the non lighted ones from other stores lol. Runs on 3 x AAA batteries.

The rim of the lighted magnifying glass is plastic instead of metal unlike the others though. Doesn't affect anything.

Some shops open on Sundays but are closed by early noon, most don't even open at all. Go on Saturday if it needs to be a weekend, be there before 5 pm to give yourself some time to shop, stores start closing around 6-6.30 pm.
                            Also, get yourself some small diameter shrink tubing (less than $1 for a metre) to fit onto the crocodile jaws so they don't scratch the surface of whatever components you're working on.

Comment

Originally posted by delta View Post
                              Are they opened on Sunday's ?
                              Yes, they are open on Sunday

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                              BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Working...
                              X