X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunracer V3 Build

Hi team;

anyone of you guys have a Sunracer V3?

Care to share your fuse arrangement of equipment?

is it

motor---------ESC-------battery --------------RX?

I'm running a HET 2w-18 from rc-warbirds
    a CC phx 60
    and normal analogue metal geared servos on 1800 3s

don't intend for it to be ridiculously fast, just 400 watts will do
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Hi,

I put my rx deep in the fuselage and run the antennas through the air outlet.

Previously I couldn't bear to cut the kelvar nose pod but if I don't I can't squeeze in a 1600-4s.
    These 2 pictures show how I cut them. My ESC is below the battery and sits nicely at the bottom of the nose pod such that when I slide the nose pod into the fuselage it doesn't get block.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0091.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	972038Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0092.jpg
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	972037

sigpic

Comment

so can I verify if the battery slides up as far up as possible?

in this case, it should be near / next to the motor?
      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

yup, my battery is always next to the motor regardless of 3s or 4s
        sigpic

Comment

here's mine

Name:	2012-09-06 00.07.10.jpg
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	972053

ESC sits behind motor, quite snugly, folded and doubled up motor leads and bind with clear tape.

Name:	2012-09-06 00.12.53.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	972052

1800 battery sits just behind ESC, on the pod.

I've not much time to build (even as easy as this build is = [ )

so it'll be at least next week before SR3 takes to the air

Attached Files

Comment

My setup

I found that 3S lipos with thickness <26mm fits the forward compartment perfectly without the need to cut a slot. TP G6 pro, Gensace both fits well. To use 4S, cutting would then become necessary.

To achieve stock CG, my arrangement is:

Motor ---- Lipo ---- ESC (with 3 phase wire pass by side of the fuselage to the esc below wing)

I use a full range AR400 with long antenna + signal booster (taped to the external of the fuselage) and this receiver sits at rear of the fuselage pass the ventilation holes.

At maiden, I launched into wind at about 75% throttle. There was a minute torque roll (~25deg) and SR3 climbs away with grace. Very clean and keeps energy very well. Plane is well built with no need for trims (all control surface flushed).

Stock savox servos centres well, handling is sharp and the planes goes where you point. Stock roll rate is sufficient but I find pitch to be insufficient.

To bleed energy, it took me 1 cycle off throttle to slow down. That said, landing is damn hot (faster than FJ ultra) as I've not setup for spoileron. Further the plane needs to fly till stop to prevent cartwheel.

At stock CG, I find the setup nose heavy. Next step is to move the cg back by 8mm and increase the ELE travel.

Comment

no 4s for me.

I want to keep the thing light.

I'm not really a 'ridiculous power' kinda guy. I just like the feel of 300 - 400 watts on 'cruise' mode. It's like having 100 mph flying but still not so much noise as compared to a Funjet.

I use a full range AR400 with long antenna + signal booster (taped to the external of the fuselage) and this receiver sits at rear of the fuselage pass the ventilation holes.

same. sits at rear. only its a FRSKY v87 channel. the 2 aerials poke out of the ventilation holes.

To bleed energy, it took me 1 cycle off throttle to slow down. That said, landing is damn hot (faster than FJ ultra) as I've not setup for spoileron. Further the plane needs to fly till stop to prevent cartwheel.

same. Fly around with no throttle. Do a turn to bleed speed. Fly far out and low(er) for landing approach. Deploy spoilerons of 3 - 4mm and pull elevator for pitch. Guide to a landing.

At stock CG, I find the setup nose heavy. Next step is to move the cg back by 8mm and increase the ELE travel.

no comment on that. I find it's more a triangular course racer rather than a 2 pylon racer.

thing is, I was using 5 x 5 apc folders but they drew a lot of current so I am down to 4.75 x 4.75 apc folders

of course it'll be real nice if I can have a nice bonus so I can get one of georgi's 4.75 x 4.75 folders but I have 2 wedding dinners to attend.

damn.

Comment

I mean I use 4.75 x 4.75 fixed grey apc props as they are cheaper.

8 dollars per flight is very expensive.

mod, can I edit my own posts please. There should be the same standard for all users, in order to edit their own posts.

Comment

These days, I also prefer lighter setup for racers instead of going ridiculously fast.

I find that the key to win a race lies on striking a balance between speed and weight, which my current Skat is built in that respect. I find it has more consistant launches, landings, hugs and pylons tighter and flies more predictable. I feel so comfortable flying it that I can even confidentally fly it from school yard size fields, even if it eats up the sky in a jiffy.

Comment

concur with joe, speed without control is nothing.

On the stock Apachobby's plug n fly setup, i found it to be fast, will need a few more flights to get use to the speed. Last Sat at OHR, i got the timer countdown for 5mins, i landed after 3mins , too much adrenaline , fingers were shaking. No blinking, eyes on the plane all the time. Fun!

Arrangement was Motor-esc-lipo, was using a 3s2200mah compact lipo so it fits without need for any cutting. CG was at 48mm. Throws at 3mm for all surface was more than adequate, in fact elevator can be reduced. We learned this from the Taiwanese slope guys, reduce the elevator throws until you can pull the elevator full for all the turns comfortably without the plane snapping out of control, this way you dont have to think too much on how much to pull on each turn and can focus on getting the turn correct.

Some figures from CC log, on launch it drew the max amps, once in flight the prop unloads and was drawing about 36amps/400watts at full throttle.

Name:	sunracer stock pnf.jpg
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	972379

Mac D happy meal

Name:	macD happy meal sr.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	972380

www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers
                    www.facebook.com/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League

Comment

I'm lovin it ..

Comment

Mac D happy meal ! :smile3:

Which outlet?
                        Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

maybe it is the macd nearest to OHR?

Comment

update:

Het 2w18 is now toast. the thing had some bad connector soldering. after the last flight, motor went dead. glided to a landing. I shake the SR and a blob of solder popped out, along with the connector. the motor was hot enough to cook eggs on. it's dead now. whoops.

so downgrade to Het3w. normally I would be running a 5 x 5 which would draw about 40+ amps. but there were these apcs which were 5.25 x 6.5. seems like only quarter of an inch larger but more pitch so I tried them out

good stuff! the SR on cruise mode is so quiet. it's chews up the sky....silently.

Comment

Red hot chilli pepper

www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers
                              www.facebook.com/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League

Comment

Working...
                              X