Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Joe, definitely make it a consideration. You'll get to see many different DLGs up close and personal, the company is great, the food is great and it's a fast track way to improve our flying skills. I had to be on top of my thermal finding skills to make up for the lack of launch height against the strong launchers and by the last round I was so mentally drained I really had to depend on Ronald's input on exactly what I had to do. My brain was almost asleep on my last two launches of the day.

Finally, I got someone to critique on my form and I know what to work on. First up; lose the flab and get more flexibility and agility. For the past year, I have been concentrating so much on thermal finding (which is not a bad thing) that I really did not put much effort into launch training. My current launches has been enough to get me where I wanted it to but in the context of a high level competition I found myself greatly lacking.

Maybe for next year we can have a bigger contingent from Singapore. Another training I have to do prepare if I were to go up again will be my conversational Mandarin.
    Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

yo man.

you need to do like tiger woods and get with the weight training

maybe you can get James "Incredible Hulk" Wong to fly next year

lol
      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

If the Beijing-ers can have an ex shot-putt athlete as a DLG pilot, we can have a discus athlete in our fold.

Cheers,
        Adnan
        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts

sigpic

Comment

The day after the contest, we got a preview of a new glider coming out of the Top Soaring factory. It's a 3m thermal ship called: Top Thermal. The version he showed us ran on 4s and has an astonishing AUW of less than 2kgs. Amazing. I had a few moments with it while it was in the air and it floats effortlessly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040460.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	972009

Name:	P1040463.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	972010

Name:	P1040464.jpg
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	972011

Name:	P1040466.jpg
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	972012

Name:	P1040468.jpg
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	972013

Name:	P1040472.JPG
Size:	436.5 KB
ID:	972014

Name:	P1040473.JPG
Size:	511.0 KB
ID:	972015

Name:	P1040474.jpg
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	972016

sigpic

Comment

This guy just has one month RC experience and he consistently launches to 55-60m. Simply amazing.

Cheers,
            Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X