Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flipit View Post
    this is so cool, can't wait. :,
    so...are u in ?? can feel ur 2 scale heli can't standstill alrdy....
    [B][I]Tx[/I][/B]: [B]Futaba 10CHP on 2.4G,29&35Mhz[/B]
    ------------------------------
    [B][I]Heli on service[/I]:[/B]
    Trex700N[B][COLOR="Orange"](BeastX FBL)[/COLOR][/B]
    TT X50[B][COLOR="Orange"](BeastX FBL)[/COLOR][/B]
    MSH Protos [B][COLOR="Orange"](BeastX FBL)[/COLOR][/B]
    HK480pro [B][COLOR="Orange"](Tarot ZYX FBL)[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

Radio Control Scale '09 - Updates #3

The truth and fact is out:

As of 30th September 2009, the official closing date for registration, we have received a total of 27 entries! An average 9 entries in each catergory and still counting!

From scratch built WWI biplanes to monster size warbirds to superb helis, the number of entries have surpassed the expectation of the entire organizing committee, and furthermore, the inclusion of scale participants from our neighbouring country really enhance the philosophy and objective of this event.

Whilst we have passed the closing date for registration, we have, at the same time, been receiving a lot more enquiries from the R/C community that there are modellers keen to take part and have not registered yet.

As such, while the organizing team is workng on pretty tight timelines to setup the logistics for the event, we have agreed to accept entries till 31 October.

For those whom have problems finding the reistration forms, you can submit the details of your entries to me via email at henry_ctg@yahoo.com.sg and I will complete the registration on your behalf. Any further enquires on the event can be directed to me via email or call me at 9644-6681

Last but not least, the effort of making this event more interesting is not resting on its laurels, we have confirmed the participation of vendors whom will be displaying and marketing their products at the event. In addition, the plan for lunch time flying demo is in the finalization stage with interesting models taking the sky.

Stay tune for the latest updates coming soon.

Thank you

Henry

Comment

Thatz great!!! Scale

Comment

Which area along Tuas South Ave 3?

Hi Organizers of RCS '09,

I understand that this event is along Tuas South Ave 3. I checked the map and this road stretches through quite a bit of the Tuas area. Perhaps you could let us know some prominent landmark near the actual event site?

I'm not a flyer there so I don't know the flying area. I intend to prepare some directions for others who may want to visit the event, who like me will likely have to get there by public transport, so we need to know where to alight. Looks like the only buses that ply that stretch is SBS 182, 182M.

hope you can provide this last clue. Thanks. :>
          ... It's in the Details... :>

Comment

upss for this... like to know also

Originally posted by Crafter View Post
            Hi Organizers of RCS '09,

I understand that this event is along Tuas South Ave 3. I checked the map and this road stretches through quite a bit of the Tuas area. Perhaps you could let us know some prominent landmark near the actual event site?

I'm not a flyer there so I don't know the flying area. I intend to prepare some directions for others who may want to visit the event, who like me will likely have to get there by public transport, so we need to know where to alight. Looks like the only buses that ply that stretch is SBS 182, 182M.

hope you can provide this last clue. Thanks. :>
            just fly high think later

-roy

Comment

Yup, like to know the exact directions as well. cheers.

Comment

Guys or Ladies,

Location is here : http://www.freewebs.com/ppyec/location3.html

Few yrs ago I went there, u will need to drive onto the pavement and to the field. Not sure if there are changes.

Comment

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you with regards to the exact location and transportation details, been swarmed with RFPs to managed these couple of weeks.

Thanks Adrian for the link to the location and snapshot of the flying site.

I will further enhance the direction details and take some pictures this Sunday of nearby landscape and buildings to ease finding the location. Will then update this thread.

Thanks & regards

Henry

Comment

Upz.

Comment

RCS 2009 is one week away.

All setup is in final preparation stage this coming week.

We have attached the entire event schedule, flying site location, direction to the flying site etc.. as below.

For those driving, there will be a huge event banner mounted on the entrance to the flying flying. Entrance into the flying site will require you to drive in from the traffic junction pavement, so please exercise safety when turning in.

For those coming by bus, the bus-stop to alight is just opposite the flying field. One prominent landmark is the 3 tall red and white chimmny which is next to the field.

Also you can look out for a big building "Ryder" on your right, of which a couple more hundred meters after "Ryder" is the flying site.

Special thanks to Adrian and Pete for providing the detailed map

================================================== =======================

As of today, we have more than 20 plus entries, with pilots from Germany, India, Malaysia and of course, Singapore.

Static Judging will start on Saturday 3.00pm and on Sunday, the flight judging will commence.

There will be lunch time demos by hot-shot pilots for both helis and planes.

In addition, there will be plenty of vendors participation on Sunday, whom will be setting up their booths to display, market and sell their wide range of products.

The vendors participating are:

1. Aerosmith Hobbies
                      2. Heli Guru
                      3. Horus Hobby
                      4. Leisurewerx
                      5. RC Warbirds
                      6. SG Tooling
                      7. Sky Hobbies

Last but not least, this event would not have been made possible without the support from the volunteers from the r/c community, Potong Pasir Aeromodelling Club, Potong Pasir Youth Club, and all the vendors, whom have generously sponsored tons of prizes to make this scale competition a more fun-filled event.

Come and enjoy a spectacular event with us.

84997.doc

84998.doc

84999.doc

85000.doc

85001.zip
                      Attached Files

Comment

General feedback

Originally posted by Viper View Post
                        To all R/C Scale fans,

On behalf of Potong Pasir Flying Club, we are pleased to announce the much anticipated R/C scale event, RCS’09 in November 2009

RCS is a Radio Control Scale event formed by Scale Modellers for Scale Modellers, and on behalf of the organizing committee at Potong Pasir Flying Club , we welcome all R/C scale flyers to take part and join in this event.

All the event information and registration can be viewed and download from the following link:

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

The purpose of the event is to introduce, share and expand R/C Scale Building and Flying to all modellers, whom like us, shares the same passion of R/C Scale Modelling.

An important feature of the competition will be its congenial atmosphere. Yes, it’s a ‘serious’ contest, but rivalry is second to camaraderie. We will always protect our combination of competitiveness and good fellowship. The event is as much as anything a social occasion. This provides an ideal relaxed counterpoint to the intensity of the competition.

So scale guys, dust off your models, do some maintenance and improvement or if you are not much of a builder go to your favorite shop and get a new scale plane, we are waiting for you this November. You may not win but surely you are going to meet a lots of guys with the same passion and have a good time.
                        Hi,

First of all, please take the following as a feedback and my sincere apology to the club committee.

Learn from the forum, there is a Radio Control Scale event formed by Scale Modellers for Scale Modellers which organized by Potong Pasir Flying Club. Although I am not ( I can't as well because I am new entry) taking part but I am attracted by the content, I even circulated it to my colleagues and encourage them to bring their kids there which I believe it will be an eye opening to them.

Yesterday, out of the blue, I decided to visit the flying site which I understand it is a flying field to the member of PPFC, together with my wife, we headed there in the late afternoon, the write up in term of location is very clear, I found the place. However, I have a shock when I am there, for the minute, I have no idea how to get it there although I saw a container at the far end and a small group of players there, finally, I notice there is a gate which is the only entrance to the place, it is located right in front of the traffic light, I wonder is this approved by authority because the position is kind of dangerous to the driver, I believe this wasn't considered because of the traffic volume is very low in weekend. After enter to the field, there is no drive way to the gathering area, all u have to do is follow the mark that left over by others driver and look out for model plane flying pass over you.

Is this the field which the event going to be held? Or there will be some set-up so that it is more presentable?

Once again, my apology if my feedback is too harsh.

Rgds
                        David

Comment

Dear David,

The entrance is the only way to enter due to restriction of nearby insalination plants. As mentioned earlier, please exercise caution when turning in as it's the only way, for now, to enter our site. Erecting a road to drive in is almost a dream due to cost and other restrictions, but if you have other suggestion, we welcome to hear from you.

This site has been the home to our club for a few years already and we have rules to follow from the relevent authorities.

What you see last Sunday is the begining of the ground preparation and organising an event of this scale takes much devotion and hard work from all the club members. With such a land scarce, we are lucky to have this place as an official flying site.

If you have any suggestions to contribute, you are most welcome to feedback to our club committee this weekend, and we certainly hope to have you with us.

Kind regards
                          Henry Chua

Comment

hi, may i know is there any drinks or food stall at the event venue? thanks
                            JR 2.4GHz 10X

JR DS8717
                            Solid G
                            KY-3000 30% nitro

Comment

Originally posted by cyz0301 View Post
                              hi, may i know is there any drinks or food stall at the event venue? thanks
                              Hi,

There will be drinks stall but no food stall. There are 3 foodcourt within 3 minutes drive from the flying site which are open on Sundays.

Thanks & rgds

Henry

Comment

e
                                Originally posted by Viper View Post
                                Dear David,

The entrance is the only way to enter due to restriction of nearby insalination plants. As mentioned earlier, please exercise caution when turning in as it's the only way, for now, to enter our site. Erecting a road to drive in is almost a dream due to cost and otherh restrictions, but if you have other suggestion, we welcome to hear from you.

This site has been the home to our club for a few years already and we have rules to follow from the relevent authorities.

What you see last Sundayt is the begining of the ground preparation and organising an event of this scale takes much devotion and hard work from all the club members. With such a land scarce, we are lucky to have trhis place as an official flying site.

If you have any suggestions to contribute, you are most welcome to feedback to our club committee this weekend, uand we certainly hope to have you with us.

Kind regards
                                Henry Chua
                                Hi Henry,

Sorry for my late reply and thanks for your prompt response.

Since there is a cost constrain, I have no further comment.

Rgds
                                David

Comment

Working...
                                X