Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences in GY240 and GY401 and GWS PG-03

I was experimenting using GY240, GY401 and GWS PG-03 for my flybarless SCAS recently. Even though I use GY240/GY401 in its AVCS turn off but the result should be the same if compare to with AVCS turn on.

OK... here is what I notice:
    For GY240, the response or servo movement is actually slower than if connect directly from RX to servo. The cyclic/control from TX to servo is also slower also.

For GWS PG-03, the response speed is actually faster than GY240. The speed is as equal to if connect direct to RX. Even the TX to servo control speed is as fast as if connect direct.

The problem of PG-03 is that it suffers from thermal drift and also the centering tend to go off from full cell/battery to weak cell/battery. Another problem of PG-03 is that, at normal stationary/stable state, when applying cyclic/tail control, the heli/tail move but the PG-03 sense the movement and it try to counteract that movement instead.

For GY401, the reponse speed is depend on its "Delay" setting. The speed/response of servo movement controlled by the Gyro sensing movement is the same regardless of the "Delay" setting. That sensing and moving servo speed is faster (and about identical to GWS PG-03) than GY240. If the "Delay" setting is high, the reponse/speed from TX to servo movement slow down alot! By setting the "Delay" to zero, the response/speed is about the same as if servo connect directly to the RX.

That might explain why when using GY401 for tail control has a higher heli piro speed than when using GY240

Hope the above finding might be useful for some DH member here.

SH
Working...
X