Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help requested on cyclic servos hunting

I have an Align 250 flybarless helicopter with a 3GX mRS FBL system. Not a new helicopter but one that I have flown for nearly two years, crashed and repaired many times. This problem is new to me and I am unable to locate the reason for it. It only started happening just a few days back, a long time after my last crash and repair.

I have a strange problem of the helicopter vibrating vigorously when it is in flight. No, it is not a tail wag, but the head shaking. And the helicopter might also 'jump' up and down when this occurs

On the ground, with the throttle hold turned on, I found that at about mid-stick, all the cyclic servos would hunt (or move back and forth) for a position. The pitch servo would hunt the most, while the aileron servo would occasionally hunt but not as often. This however does not happen below mid-stick or above, ie only at a certain point just above mid-stick

The roll gain and the gyro gain on the 3GX mRS FBL system is already at the mid point and has been on this for a long time, ie not changed at all. The transmitter monitor showed that the radio was transmitting a steady position--so I don't think this has to do with the radio.

Would appreciate advice from anyone who can help, whether to help diagnose or even give a solution. Thanks.
Working...
X