Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lama single rotor conversion

This is my version of a fully brushless single rotor lama.

The parts used for this conversion are as follows:

Turnigy 10A brushless esc + F1818 16g 3800kv outrunner + 8T pinion for main rotor
    HW 10A brushless esc + HXT 5g brushless motor + GWS EP-4025 for the tail rotor.
    Xtreme lama blade grip.
    Modified Esky lama flybar with fabricated weights.
    Fabricated tail boom/tail motor holder
    Lama V3 landing gear
    Fabricated adapter plate for lama V3 landing gear.
    Fabricated tail boom holder for lama V4 mainframe
    12g telebee gyro
    Esky 2.4Ghz receiver
    Esky inner rotor hub
    Esky lama outer main shaft/gear
    Fabricated adapter shaft for connecting inner rotor hub to outer main shaft
    Esky metal swash plate + top portion of King II plastic swash
    Stock Esky lama blades

Well I took a really long time to complete this conversion mainly because I was trying to get rid of vibrations in the main shaft and trying to get the main blades to track. It turned out that I had some thread lock stuck on one of the brass pivots on the inner rotor hub and the blade grip wasn't at 90 degree to the main shaft. Got rid of the thread lock and the heli was basically vibration free now and the blades are tracking pretty well. The heli didn't fly well at all. I couldn't get the telebee gyro setup properly. I get this constant tail wagging that couldn't be trimmed out and the tail just goes crazy at times. The tail holds steady for a moment then a rudder input is given, it overshoots and started wagging with occasional total spin outs. The 5g tail motor has enough power to piro at 2-3 revolutions per second and so I don't think that the tail is lacking in power. It doesn't really heat up at all during hovering. At 205g, the heli is rather twitchy. It is nowhere near the stability of the cb180. I will get the stability problem sort out and post some videos when done. Thanks for reading.

Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
    Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
    Esky Dauphin
    Walkera Lama 2
    Walkera 5G6
    Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
    Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
    Brushless Micro-T
Working...
X