Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop for DC and stepper motor in Singapore

Hi,
    Currently i am working on micromouse project, and cannot find any available motor from market. Do anyone have the contact or the location of shop which sell stepper and DC motor? Or any email or URL... i find for few month already, still get nothing..

Here is some spec of DCmotor...
    the size of motor should less than
    25x15x25mm.
    6V 4.5V or 6V motor also can.
    Current less than 0.5A in full load.

For stepper motor
    25x15x25mm
    6v 4.5V or 6V also can
    bipolar permenant magnet
    step rate dun care.

Thanks for help...

For brand new motors, you can find them online at RS Components:

Some of the stores at Sim Lim Tower have second hand motors. Kaichin Automation on the top floor has quite a collection of them; bought some steppers there before for my own CNC build.

Comment

yar, i also looking stepper motor from RS. Do you know where else can buy stepper motor? I am getting stuck on my project right now.

Comment

Originally posted by babylonandu View Post
        yar, i also looking stepper motor from RS. Do you know where else can buy stepper motor? I am getting stuck on my project right now.
        Koba on the 3rd floor of People's Park Centre carries an assortment of motors. Not as much variety as compared to Kaichin of SLT but they have quite some cute little ones in stall. Reasonably priced and good service. Look for the young man, Wei Kok, the son of the shop owner. He helped me quite a bit in getting started in electronics despite my little purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Wongster View Post
          Koba on the 3rd floor of People's Park Centre carries an assortment of motors. Not as much variety as compared to Kaichin of SLT but they have quite some cute little ones in stall. Reasonably priced and good service. Look for the young man, Wei Kok, the son of the shop owner. He helped me quite a bit in getting started in electronics despite my little purchase.
          OIC, i will go there to check the motor that i needed. Thanks alot.
          Btw i would like to know more about motor shop because i have to build more robot in future.

Comment

i have some super small steppers but i dun think it's what you want.

Comment

Actually, if you don't mind a bit of work, you can get a lot of motors cheaply from broken electronics. Just cruise around some of the residential areas and you can pick up VCRs, printers, scanners, CPUs to dismantle and extract motors from. You just have to be faster than the karang guni man.

It's really amazing how much consumer electronics junk gets thrown out in this country. One of my best finds was a box of small robots, presumably tossed out by a student (or his parent)!

Comment

lolz. I cannot take the component from broken shop. Because i need datasheet and this project have to do documentation. So, any other shop are u all familiar?? Thanks...

Comment

Usually the model number of the stepper motor is printed or a label, or engraved onto the motor case itself, together with the specs of the motor (voltage, current, step size, etc). Once you know the model number, you can search for the data sheet online.

Comment

looking for stepping motor

can anyone recomend me a stepper motor use for a vending machine? i'm not sure which should i use...

Comment

Working...
                    X