Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something i been thinking!

Since heli now mostly all FBL, do we really need those super expensive controller, i.e. DX9, DX18, 14SG, 10J?

Comment

Originally posted by zniter81 View Post
      Since heli now mostly all FBL, do we really need those super expensive controller, i.e. DX9, DX18, 14SG, 10J?
      Towkay uses dx6, my dsx9 think more than decade old. If u ask me, NO. others may differ but different strokes for different folks.
      Heli-ADDICTION:
      Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
      JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
        Towkay uses dx6, my dsx9 think more than decade old. If u ask me, NO. others may differ but different strokes for different folks.
        hmm.. moreover there are many Tx(9x, X9D, Devo etc) with custom firmware, which sell at fraction of the cost. Big competition for Spektrum and Futaba.

Comment

Hmm...For heli was told 8 channel more then enough..unless u do scale flying or scale airplane where u need more channels

Comment

Originally posted by xdrave View Post
            Hmm...For heli was told 8 channel more then enough..unless u do scale flying or scale airplane where u need more channels
            8 Channel not enough, you need 18 to 28 channel. Get a 18MZ or 28X.

Comment

Originally posted by xdrave View Post
              As long as its at least 8 channels you will stick to it for a long time. For me its the features instead of the channels. I mean 1000 channels on a crap radio VS one solid 8 channel that has features like a 14-point throttle curve, 3-way flight mode switch and telemetry, fully programmable and assignable switches, PPM out, S-Bus etc.

You are right, the only reason I upgraded from a 6 channel a few years back is because the old radio can't do servo delay and slow for my P-51 mustang's Flaps and gear. LOL. Lame right? Its the other blings and features you need that really count, not the channel.
              Hanger
              Hirobo XRB SR Lama
              Hirobo Quark SRB
              Hirobo Quark SRB SG
              Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
              Blade450 3D
              MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
              COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
              Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
              FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
              Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
              HK FLYJET EDF
              Artech Skyfun
              Dynam P51D Mustang
              Parkzone P51

Tx:
              Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
              Spektrum DX6i
              DX8
              Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
                As long as its at least 8 channels you will stick to it for a long time. For me its the features instead of the channels. I mean 1000 channels on a crap radio VS one solid 8 channel that has features like a 14-point throttle curve, 3-way flight mode switch and telemetry, fully programmable and assignable switches, PPM out, S-Bus etc.

You are right, the only reason I upgraded from a 6 channel a few years back is because the old radio can't do servo delay and slow for my P-51 mustang's Flaps and gear. LOL. Lame right? Its the other blings and features you need that really count, not the channel.
                if programmable, i think can do magic liao.

Comment

Well I got a DX9 because I wanted to have Betty tell me when something's up of when it's time to land.
                  [:]=-[Hangar]-=[:]
                  Trex 450L Dominator
                  Goblin 500
                  Spektrum DX9

"Airplanes fly while helicopters simply beat the air into submission."
                  -RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Redtwilight View Post
                    Well I got a DX9 because I wanted to have Betty tell me when something's up of when it's time to land.
                    i would like that too!
                    thinking of getting X9D taranis!

Comment

Super expensive is futaba 18mz n currently jr28x. Dx9,dx18,10j,14sg still cost less than a kidney.
                      Heli-ADDICTION:
                      Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                      JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

What is wrong with what we have now?
                        Too many helis!

Comment

I dont even need 7 points curve. I cant feel it !
                          I dont need 12 channels on my scales, i cant even remember which switch is which function !
                          I dont need LED backlit screen, i cant even afford to take my eyes off my heli !
                          I dont need sound either when i switch functions or flick switch or turn on the tx, because im already knowing im doing it !

But of course, if you have it, good for you, because thats something extra, just like seat warmers in cars, auto headlight, auto fog light, climate controls, auto wipers, auto closure doors, press button start engine.. These are good to have, but without them the car still performs alright .
                          I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Guys,
                            I would like to set the talon 90 esc head speed.
                            What head speed should i set?

Comment

Guys,
                              I would like to set the talon 90 esc head speed.
                              What head speed should i set?
                              2200 is recommended for you.

Comment

Originally posted by nb8686 View Post
                                2200 is recommended for you.
                                Will set that when I get the USB.

Comment

Working...
                                X