Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different type of 30A ESC

I am trying to mock up a hexacopter. I'm looking for 30A ESC. Few different brands are Turnigy Plush, Multistar and Afro. However, there is a software that need to sync to the ESC called Simon K. I am thinking whether if the ESC that buy off the shelves without the update will affect the throttle. And if so, which type of ESC should i get?

If the hex is fairly large, as long as you meet the current requirements, you might be hard-pressed to tell the difference between the tgy firmware and stock firmware due to the inertia involved with the rotor and hex. This is, of course, if you don't turn on options that are not relevant, like "braking" and "soft-start".

In any case, there are already off-the-shelf ESCs that are pre-flashed to tgy, see the RCX ones. Not sure about reliability, I've had 3 out of 190 fail on me.

Comment

Originally posted by timgoh0 View Post
      If the hex is fairly large, as long as you meet the current requirements, you might be hard-pressed to tell the difference between the tgy firmware and stock firmware due to the inertia involved with the rotor and hex. This is, of course, if you don't turn on options that are not relevant, like "braking" and "soft-start".

In any case, there are already off-the-shelf ESCs that are pre-flashed to tgy, see the RCX ones. Not sure about reliability, I've had 3 out of 190 fail on me.
      Thanks for your suggestion. I'm mocking up Tarot 680 Pro. I am thinking to use either Turnigy Multistar 3525 or 4225 650Kv. The max current is at 17amps. So in summary, those not updated to simon k software will not have affect the performance?

Comment

Originally posted by vipercow View Post
        Thanks for your suggestion. I'm mocking up Tarot 680 Pro. I am thinking to use either Turnigy Multistar 3525 or 4225 650Kv. The max current is at 17amps. So in summary, those not updated to simon k software will not have affect the performance?
        i hv a 680pro with turnigy plush awaiting to maiden. i did not flash it to simonk firmware but i calibrated the esc one at a time. not sure if that's the way to do it though.
        Heli-ADDICTION:
        Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
        JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
          i hv a 680pro with turnigy plush awaiting to maiden. i did not flash it to simonk firmware but i calibrated the esc one at a time. not sure if that's the way to do it though.
          Great! Wanted to ask how you manage to connect the ESC cable to the main frame? Is it by adding 16 AWG wire to it?

Comment

U hv to solder the positive n negative leads of ESC to the pcb. There is a plethora of vids on YouTube showing you how. Hv fun sucking in the lead fumes.I know I didn't.
            Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Jokes aside, u need a pair of needle nose pliers n soldering iron. I am using a goot 60w. Test the connection with a voltmeter after u hv completed the soldering to ensure the polarities are correct. Shouldn't be that difficult if you are experienced.
              Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140815-WA0029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	979002

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140728-WA0007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	979003

A headgear would really help alot! Cos I old cock liao.

Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Nice set up there! Now i am thinking whether to get turnigy plush or the afro that have the firmware in. Just saw couple of video on simon K. It seem to be much more responsive. But what I scared is the temperature for the ESC will be higher. Anyway, what are the motor that you are running on?

Comment

Originally posted by vipercow View Post
                    Nice set up there! Now i am thinking whether to get turnigy plush or the afro that have the firmware in. Just saw couple of video on simon K. It seem to be much more responsive. But what I scared is the temperature for the ESC will be higher. Anyway, what are the motor that you are running on?
                    i'm using plush 30a esc with rcx 4025-650kv. Will be using apc 13*4.8.
                    Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

i am using Turnigy Blue Series 25A or 30A on my 360size quad. Running in factory firmware and being perform very well for me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
                        i am using Turnigy Blue Series 25A or 30A on my 360size quad. Running in factory firmware and being perform very well for me so far.
                        For the Esc, I can't seem to find it on hobby king. Anyone have any reviews on Plush and Multistar? For Plush, they don't come in the 3.5mm connector right?

Comment

I am using Afro ESC 20 and 30 amps on TBS and tarot 680pro without any issue , no heating whatever.
                          I Have very smooth start up during take off than the normal DJI 30 amp ESC.
                          It flew abt 1.3km away and i did return home (not in strong windy day) it was a perfect ESC 20m height and land.
                          Although price is slightly higher afew dollars more buy it give you the true confident in flight.

To me everything counts as from battery, motor, esc to give optium flight time, smoothness, sound structure overall perfomance for my quad.

Comment

I dont like this below step but many have tried.
                            If you've done everything you can to tune your multicopter's flight characteristics and are still looking for better performance the SimonK Electronic Speed ...

Comment

Correction...it is "Hobbyking Blue Series". Here is the link:
                              Hobbyking - the world's No1 Online Hobby Store. We stock a huge selection of RC products from Planes right through to Drones and all accessories. Visit Us Today.

Comment

Working...
                              X