Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichard Cirrus Electric Glider - 3.37m

Got this hand-carried in last year. The box was crushed and the Boom broke.
    I managed to order in a spare boom, that cost and extra S$120.

I really took a long time to build this, and it is still not finished yet. This is now about 80% done.

This is the biggest glider project I have so far - 3.37m wingspan.

MS

Attached Files

Very Nice....whats the expected AUW??
    Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

Just completed all installations today. This is ready to fly!
      I may just be able to do the maiden next weekend. Here are more pictures, taken with a better camera.

I do not have a weighing scale. Based upon my inaccurate judgement, I think it is between 1.2 to 1.6kg.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0255.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	975751Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0250.JPG
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	975752Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0246.JPG
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	975753

Comment

Maiden!

Finally managed to maiden my Cirrus yestersday after 2.5 mths of idling and finding time to do some RC'ing.
        When down to the CD field in the hot afternoon and spent little time fixing up the RX connectors and 2 carbon wing joiners. All settings were already done, so there were little else to be done for the controls.
        A group of guys set up a tent and was already flying their gas powered planes. A middle age man who just completed his flight offered to hand launch the glider for me. After a range check, we walked into the field and the Cirrus was launched!
        The 4 year old 3s Lipo I had in the glider had more than enough power to pull the glider from release. The maiden was a non event, as it was so stable and responsive. I flew the glider high up in about 8-10seconds and cut power. I made a gentle left turn and noticed that the aileron to rudder mix that I have was not enough to turn it. I had to apply more rudder to turn the ship.
        After some minor trim with 2 clicks of right aileron, the glider was flying hands free. The hot afternoon offered quite a bit of thermals and I was circling without much effort. The big wing span and red color was very visible at high altitude.
        I took it lower to try out the butterfly, and was surprised that it slowed and floated without any ballooning tendancy. The estimated down elevator trim was good for the butterfly mix.
        The maiden flight lasted about 20mins, and I landed to let the others share the sky.

The battery was warm, and I knew that I had to order new batteries. My old 3s lipo may have out live its useful effectiveness.

The Cirrus is very easy to fly and stable. I love it!
        (sorry no pictures)

MS

Comment

I'd love to see it in action, would it be possible to see a video?

Comment

Working...
          X