Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJI Naza "altitude hold" problem

I experienced this today.

This is an experiment on a nasty height loss issue my Naza board has/had. The RCG thread that brought me to this solution is here:http://www.rcgroups.com/for...

I usually fly in the early morning and have not see this effect but I was out later in the morning today at around 10am and it was bright & sunny at Buangkok field where I usually fly.

The quad randomly starts to climb even though I had the throttle stick at the usual 50% "neutral altitude" position. It then descends by itself and I have to add throttle to prevent a hard landing.

Its more noticeable when I try any yaw action.

The video is not in English but it shows the effect very well.

I have stuck some black foam on both sides of the Naza, as suggested on several RC forums.

I'll post an update after my next flight.

Please feel free to post on this thread if anyone has experienced the same effect.
    www.rov.sg

Here's another vid showing the same effect.

www.rov.sg

Comment

had a few flights this morning after putting black foam & tape over the sides of the naza.

I did not get any sudden altitude changes this time, but it was cloudy and overcast so it wasn't really a definitive test.

I'll try it again on a bright, sunny day.
      www.rov.sg

Comment

did you shield your naza's barometer with gauze or black tape?
        its very sensitive to direct exposure to the wind/sunlight.

Comment

I've put black packing foam on both sides of the naza.
          www.rov.sg

Comment

Originally posted by quadflyer View Post
            I've put black packing foam on both sides of the naza.
            It sure looks like a barometer issue. Don't know what else to suggest trying... maybe double up on the black tape?

Comment

just thought of another possible fix... your gains are set too high... causing the quad to "bounce" around.
              Slowly reduce your gain settings until it levels itself more easily and doesn't overcompensate.

Comment

This issue happened to my hex too when I turn my led light,
                Due to wiring loose for lighting, the light flickering on n off, it cause my hex to jump up n down without me moving the throttle stick. Its quite scary.

Comment

Originally posted by iz77 View Post
                  This issue happened to my hex too when I turn my led light,
                  Due to wiring loose for lighting, the light flickering on n off, it cause my hex to jump up n down without me moving the throttle stick. Its quite scary.
                  Why would the lighting cause the hex to jump up and down? Voltage sag can't be that bad I suppose? Or do you have too many LEDs on your hex or are you using light bulbs?

Comment

Light bulbs.... hehe..... maybe led to bright n near the fc.

Comment

Originally posted by iz77 View Post
                      Light bulbs.... hehe..... maybe led to bright n near the fc.
                      I thought the baro should be shielded properly with foam? Lol light bulbs would be sure to cause that if they flicker. The motors would lose power with every flicker.

Comment

I can confirm its a sunlight issue, my heli-quad now has black foam along the sides of the naza and I've finally installed the "tinted" windows in the fuselage sides and it was fine flying in direct sunlight this morning.

I guess the baro in the naza is from Transylvania and it doesn't like direct sunlight (evil laugh)
                        www.rov.sg

Comment

Originally posted by quadflyer View Post
                          I can confirm its a sunlight issue, my heli-quad now has black foam along the sides of the naza and I've finally installed the "tinted" windows in the fuselage sides and it was fine flying in direct sunlight this morning.

I guess the baro in the naza is from Transylvania and it doesn't like direct sunlight (evil laugh)
                          I'm sorry, I think it's made in China...

Comment

Working...
                          X