Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you'll have enough to keep you busy for quite a while.

You can try Sai Sia (Paint) Co in Serangoon Road. They sell lots of paints including automobile 2K paints.

The MVVS .77 is a pretty uncommon engine. Do let us know how it works out. I use the MVVS gasoline engines and they are very solid and well engineered chunks of metal. I guess it must be the same for the smaller nitro engines.

All the best for your future builds.
    To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Oooh! Just remember to be wearing a good mask when you are shooting 2K paint. 2K paint is really toxic stuff. My two cents worth.

Confucius

Comment

Point noted on the spraying. Anywhere you can recommend I find a respirator, I'm headed that way!

Also, on the primer, I have a version of the pic where I've sanded most of it off. Anyhow, still lots of upskilling required on the glassing and painting. So, stay tuned.

On the pic, the boys were so good, they picked out the colors on the logo from a black and white Joker logo!

If I have enough energy this morning, will put on the gloss coat.

Comment

Here's the sanded version of the Extra which I didn't picture for the Joker. Also, here's the final product after the decals. Will put the thread up for the Extra when I get done with this one.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tsunami33;447994]Point noted on the spraying. Anywhere you can recommend I find a respirator, I'm headed that way!

QUOTE]

I use a 3M respirator. Makes you look a bit like Darth Vader when you put it on. Sai Sia (the paint shop) sells it. You need to replace the filter cartridges when they are exhausted so remember to buy a box of them at the same time. The face masks used by doctors is only good for balsa dust and particulate stuff and does nothing for vapours.

Very nice decals. Also very nice finishing on the Extra. I shall give these guys a try for my next project. Cheers.

Confucius

Comment

Finally together but realized there's some work to be done on the plumbing for the fuel tank fitting. Also, have some concerns around the retract mounting which needs to be QA'd against the weight.

But, this is more or less it and it's being shipped back to the owner in KL soon...

Comment

Lucky chap......whoever its going to. Very nice looking bird.

Confucius

Comment

Hi Dave,

I do like very much your Joker !
                  Good memories: it brings me 30 years back in the past !

If you don't mind, I will use one of your pictures in my MK KITS LIST
                  http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9636215/tm.htm

Continue the good work,
                  Happy Landings,

Al

Comment

No worries Al, always happy to contribute. It's all these references that allowed me to progress. If you need the high resolution pics, please PM me your e-mail and I'll have them zipped and sent to you.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami33 View Post
                      Nothing really happened between the mid 2006 and 2009, so this was the state it was in 2009 (in Singapore). Full assembly of control surfaces:
                      Hey really nice work bro even in "bare skin"
                      [FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Purple"]www.vrooomers.com[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                      X