Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sloping in Brisbane

Just came back from Brisbane last night. I took a drive to Beechmont, Rosins Lookout about 1.10 hrs drive from Brisbane or 45 min from Gold Coast. A very beautiful slope site but unfortunately the wind wasn't blown as hard. I had only about 4 - 5 knts on that day. I met up with Kane Moley from www.slopeplane.com.au a very nice guy. spent his whole sunday with me just to slope.

Sorry Kane website wrong. www.slopeplanes.com

Just came back from Brisbane last night. I took a drive to Beechmont, Rosins Lookout about 1.10 hrs drive from Brisbane or 45 min from Gold Coast. A very beautiful slope site but unfortunately the wind wasn't blown as hard. I had only about 4 - 5 knts on that day. I met up with Kane Moley from http://www.slopeplanes.com/ a very nice guy. Spent his whole sunday with me just to slope.

Comment

So that explains your recent disappearance.

Comment

Looks like sloping heaven.
        Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Very scenic. When is your next trip down? Got to burn away free mileage before expiry.
          If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

I be going again in Feb10. This time I don't think I will be able to slope there. My daughter starts her semester in Feb so I will have to be there to settle her in in her apartment and university orientation.

Manage to maiden my Alliaj over at Beechmont. Not very good wind on sunday but still manage to fly. Unfortunately there was no one to help me take some photos. Kane was with me but we were too engross in the maiden and forgot to take pictures.

Saw a couple of guys bombout paragliding so didn't want to risk too many flights. Haha in fact I only manage 1 flight.

Comment

Now wonder I did not see the usual early bird in the air on evenings. Looks like you had quite an adventure there.
              Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Is that the new Alula EVO? i see in one of the shots?

Cheers,
                Adnan
                Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
                  Is that the new Alula EVO? i see in one of the shots?

Cheers,
                  Adnan
                  Yep that is correct.

Comment

Dennis,

That slope looked really like a long way down man. You mentioned that the wind is not that fantastic, did you make any "long" trips down to retrieve? kekeke
                    Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

The Alliaj behave itself didn't make me walk down.

Comment

Working...
                      X