Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick EP8

Introducing the new EP8 from Japan.

The kit comes with full metal parts, size of voyager 8 estimated landed price less than $500. No need for any upgrade.

Originally posted by X34
    Introducing the new EP8 from Japan.

The kit comes with full metal parts, size of voyager 8 estimated landed price less than $500. No need for any upgrade.
    Wow! Who will be selling? How's the performance? Can't wait to see 1.

Cheers
    What goes up must come down!

Comment

May I know the power plant for this baby. Looks like its gonna be Xpensive!!!

Comment

NICE DAH DEH.

enjoy.
        Sondol first talk later!

Comment

Voyager E is still the best!
          Check runryder for Quick EP8 reviews....good stock helis with cool looking blings...but parts?! It's gonna be expensive when u crash.

Motor size? At least C40 8L, and 40amps esc..that combi will cost at least $400-$500+

Batteries? At least 3S lipos that is 3000mah or above, else your flight time is only a pathetic 6mins or less...and that will cost you at least $250 or above.
          [SIZE="1"]
          [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
          Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by 9VDXN
            Voyager E is still the best!
            Check runryder for Quick EP8 reviews....good stock helis with cool looking blings...but parts?! It's gonna be expensive when u crash.

Motor size? At least C40 8L, and 40amps esc..that combi will cost at least $400-$500+

Batteries? At least 3S lipos that is 3000mah or above, else your flight time is only a pathetic 6mins or less...and that will cost you at least $250 or above.

OH SH$T.

pls ignore previous post.

NO GOOD DAH DEH!

enjoy.
            Sondol first talk later!

Comment

not good!

But shiok and satisfying if you can get such a big EP heli going.....I've already setup my VE to be able to 3D....next achievement will be waiting for my guts to come and whack my precious VE......still looking to maximising my flight time, getting optimum performance, and reducing weight.

I'd say EP full-size helis are in the class of their own...not as thrilling as nitro, not as powerful, but definitely beats micro heli hands down....

Try it and you'll never wanna touch micros again..
              [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

I am expecting a few pieces to arrive by next week. At a price of less than $500, it comes with carbon blades and anodised blue al frame.

The stock setup is 3s2p lipo, with outrunner/inrunner motors. The all up weight is about 1.2kg. I am thinking of using 3s Kokam 3200.

The good part of this heli is, they have a large range of pinions from 8T to 20T to choose from during purchase. The shaft diameter 3.2,4 and 5 mm. So motor choice is very open. Good motor to use would be Hacker 40 9L, Mega 16/25/4, Lehner 15/25/10 and various AXI.

Spare parts are very reasonably priced, much cheaper than Voyager E.

Comment

Lemme know when stock arrives, I'd like to have a look at it.

Also, if you're using lipos, watch your amp draw....large EP heli draw at least 30amps easily...if your batteries cannot take the amp draw rating, you can say bye bye to the lipo packs in one flight..

My 6600mah cells are actually 3300mah connected parallel, and it's only 6C rating.. so my max-ed out draw is 39amps....pretty much to the limit of the cell current draw limit. If you run only 3200mah at assumed 10c rating, you'll be maxing out the current draw limit and cell life would drop drastitcally.....run at least 2P or more, or go for high voltage setup....like 5s or 4s...
                  [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

not good!

But shiok and satisfying if you can get such a big EP heli going.....I've already setup my VE to be able to 3D....next achievement will be waiting for my guts to come and whack my precious VE......still looking to maximising my flight time, getting optimum performance, and reducing weight.

I'd say EP full-size helis are in the class of their own...not as thrilling as nitro, not as powerful, but definitely beats micro heli hands down....

Try it and you'll never wanna touch micros again..
                    Promoting large size EP again?

Who will be carrying this in sg?

Hirobo XRB Sky Robo Shuttle [V.O.R.]
                    | Hirobo SRB Quark [M.I.A.] | TT Innovator MD530

Comment

Lemme know when stock arrives, I'd like to have a look at it.

If you run only 3200mah at assumed 10c rating, you'll be maxing out the current draw limit and cell life would drop drastitcally.....run at least 2P or more, or go for high voltage setup....like 5s or 4s...
                      Hi Dix,

Will let u know when it arrives.

The Kokam 3200 is a 20C cell, 64 amps max continous. I figured the EP8 will max out around 40 amps if the gearing is right. So there is enuf head room for the cells.

Comment

hi guys,
                        how big is this heli compared to the t rex?
                        cuz i odnt know what a voyager 8's size.
                        hehe
                        sar.ratha@me.com
                        DEVIL

Comment

Originally posted by ethinger
                          hi guys,
                          how big is this heli compared to the t rex?
                          cuz i odnt know what a voyager 8's size.
                          hehe
                          The main rotor blade is 400mm to 420mm, Trex is 315mm

Comment

Size of Voyager E is about 800mm nose to tail...blades are 440mm each side.

pictures referenced to my previous R30 & Zap400

[SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

whoops.....where did my reference pict go?!

[SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X