Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTS: 26CC FunWorld 3D

Hi, I'm putting my FunWorld 3D up for sale. Plane is fairly new and I'm just about finished with the setup flights.

The plane is a proven funfly design that is aerobatic and 3D capable. Powered by petrol which means running costs are extremely economical and cleanup is minimal. It has the thick and forgiving airfoil that appears to be very much in vogue with the popular 3D planes that makes it very stall resistant compared to the full scale designs. All the usual features - 2 piece wing, aluminium joiner tube, pull pull rudder controls. etc. Firewall came factory reinforced with fiberglass cloth - a nice bonus.

The plane is very easy to fly. With low rates and uncoupled flaps, it would make a great low wing trainer. With high rates, its a fun and carefree 3D platform and is easy to hover. Its also capable of advanced mixing like crow, flaps, spoilerons etc that do add considerably to the plane's performance envelope - if you've never tried it, its pretty surprising just how slowly it will fly with crow deployed.

In fact, for learning or practicing torque rolls, hovers and harriers, this would be just about perfect! Certainly better in my book for this purpose than a scale design.

The plane has had NO crashes. Photos were taken during the last flying session.

During the build, the following mods were deemed appropriate:-

1. Spectra braces for the tail feathers
    2. Custom battery tray
    3. Receiver Mount
    4. EI mount
    5. Fuel tank on CG

I'll sell the plane in two configurations:-

1. Fully set up with a MLD28cc engine, complete with a LiFe receiver battery and a LiPo EI battery. Also included are SEVEN high torque metal gear servos on the surfaces as well as a throttle servo.

Under this option, I will throw in a prop, a spinner, installed chafe protection along with aluminium fuel dots for fuel and smoke. All you need to is add a receiver. If you want, I will also include a progammable smoke system for an extra $50. (including a separate LiPo batt for the pump)

The MLD 28cc is probably the best chinese made engine in its class right now. Easy to hand start, easy to tune and an impressive amount of power. The engine on the plane is just a few litres short of being fully broken in, but is already making excellent power and can only get better. Because the carb is partially cowled, the diaphram plate has a isolation tap installed through to the fuselage to avoid tuning issues in flight. Muffler has been tapped for a smoke system, but if you don't want to run smoke, I can either close the tap (think I used a standard M3 tap), or substitue a spare stock muffler.

I fly this plane on a 9xII transmitter. I have a JR data cable so if you buy the full setup and you use the same radio, you're welcome to copy over all the settings. This would likely save you quite a bit of time in setup and test flights. You will need a 9 channel receiver if you want to run the programmable smoke (mixed on a curve with 2 switches).

Asking $650 for this configuration.

2. Alternatively, I will also sell just the bare plane for $200.

Prices are firm. Please contact me via email at corruptibleseed@gmail.com to deal. Sorry, no PMs please, as I'm not on DH much.

Thanks.

**Obvious Note: Gas planes are NOT for beginners**

Still Available

Should also add that the hardware for the pushrod and linkages have been upgraded - heavy duty all thread and ball links.

Comment

Is the smoke pump usable on other planes(EP,Nitro) instead of gas only?
      Plane 1:
      FreeWing F-15
      Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
      GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
      Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

Hi, quick answer is yes, but I'm not going to part out the smoke system for a separate sale. Its included only becuase its already installed.

Comment

Still Available

I can honestly say that I can't think of a better value for money first 3D capable gasser setup ....

Comment

Still Available

To move things along, will sell the whole setup as described for a reduced price of $600, firm.

Just ran the engine this week and its sweet!

Comment

Latest pics

So I took the plane out for a spin and a friend of mine was kind enough to snap some photos. The plane is a whole lot of fun! Thanks, Mr. C.

Comment

Fun World 3D for sale - 28cc Gas Engine, beautiful plane

Hi Everyone

This magnificent plane is once again up for sale. I bought it in September last year and have flown it exactly ZERO times since then. Baby arrived, other babies need to go, so selling this, my last plane, to make space :-(

So here's the deal :

Plane is as it was before - i.e. fully set up with a MLD28cc engine, complete with a LiFe receiver battery and a LiPo EI battery. Also included are SEVEN high torque metal gear servos on the surfaces as well as a throttle servo. All you need to do is add your receiver, top up the tanks and you're off. Anyone who knows forum member efish will know that build quality is probably the best you'll ever see. It's in a different league altogether.

The smoke system is not included, it was not in the rig when I bought the plane.

Price is $550, which is a fantastic deal for this plane. Contact Andre at 9722.0290 to deal, alternately drop me a pm or sms.

Comment

plane now for sale by auction

Gents, I'm in a hurry to clear the space this plane is taking up. Grab yourselves a gem of a plane at a bargain price, plane now for sale by auction, please see this thread :

Comment

Working...
                  X